1. A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've noticed that my new A6 50tdi Black Edition (with tech pack, sound & comfort pack, tour pack & pan roof options) doesn't have an SD or SIM card slots, but just has two USB C slots. I've bought a USB C memory stick to put my music on as I can't use my SD card from my old A5. However I've had to drop my car off with the dealership to sort out a couple of issues this morning and they've given me an A7 50tdi S Line. I notice this has SD and SIM card slots as well as two USB C's. Does anyone know why this is? Do you have an SD slot in your A6? 🤔

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    I notied from the Audi website that the A6 now comes with a DVD drive as standard. I am wondering if the missing SD card and SIM slots are actually on the DVD unit which I assume is in the glovebox

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My 2019 A6 S line did have an SD card slot as that's what I use for my music.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colinW View Post
    My 2019 A6 S line did have an SD card slot as that's what I use for my music.
    Seems to be a MY21 spec change. If the SIM slogt has gone I wonder whether they have changed how the WiFi fucntion works so you can hotspot car off the phone - using your phhone's data plan - rather than as on my MY19 having to hotspot the phone off the car which requires wither putting a SIM in the slot or paying Audi (Cubic Telecom) for a dataplan

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No DVD or CD in glovebox either

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I am 7 years into my BE A6 C7... and the plan was to upgrade to the C8 at some point... by year 9-10 maybe.. The more I hear about the so called improvements... cost/benefit issues in the C8 version etc... it is making this upgrade a more of a considered decision.. This is a shame as I have really been sold on Audi v the main competitors up till now.

I use both the usb and the memory card slots for music/video at the moment. It’s seems to be solely about usb-c slots going forward. I suppose you could get a usb-c type adapter that would open up normal usb slots and memory cards: if these adapters are compatible with the Audi system etc (surely they would be...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmonster View Post
    I am 7 years into my BE A6 C7... and the plan was to upgrade to the C8 at some point... by year 9-10 maybe.. The more I hear about the so called improvements... cost/benefit issues in the C8 version etc... it is making this upgrade a more of a considered decision.. This is a shame as I have really been sold on Audi v the main competitors up till now.

I use both the usb and the memory card slots for music/video at the moment. It’s seems to be solely about usb-c slots going forward. I suppose you could get a usb-c type adapter that would open up normal usb slots and memory cards: if these adapters are compatible with the Audi system etc (surely they would be...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I used the USB A to USB C adapter that came with my Galaxy S9 phone. The problem is that it flops about due to the length and the fact it's secured by the smaller USB C end in the slot rather than the larger end.

Also, it blocks either the wireless pad or partially blocks the storage slot. I ended up buying a small USB C stick.

0 1 0

8. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just bought the 50tfsi e, all card slots gone just 2 usb type c. I connected a type C sandisk what do you know playing 1080p movies mp3's....

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    There isn’t any need for an SD slot I don’t think. I’d imagine the direction of travel with music etc is through peoples phones?

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 SD Card Slot Missing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nisbet View Post
    There isn’t any need for an SD slot I don’t think. I’d imagine the direction of travel with music etc is through peoples phones?
    It does allow you to update the full navigation database in one go by downloading from MyAudi rather than just updating the section where you are currently located using the car's internet connection. Still a USB C card reader will do the job as well

0 0 0