Notices

User Tag List

Thread: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi there picked up my new golf today, got some issues and concerns, just looking for some knowledge if possible.
    1 Took car out this evening and one of the rea interior lights was coming on and going off on its own, when i parked car and locked doors , it did it again 3-4 times then stayed off , so am thinking maybe dodgy sensor for the light or a bad wiring loom ?

2 was reversing , camera all ok, but when i went in to forward gear and started to move the rear camera was still on and i had to close it down manually, should it not do this on its own when not in reverse ?

3 also when i left car after locking i noticed the dashboard was still illuminated 15 min later , and i did not want to leave any longer so turned on ignition again and off and left car and it went off, only done this once .

4, was using wireless charger in car , phone was getting very hot i phone , this is proberly another issue not related with the car

any advice or feedback would be great, will be taking car back to dealer, but just interested in any input

Thank you

0 0 0

2. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Hi, congratulations on your new Golf Mk8.

1. You’ll need to see the dealer about that. Hopefully it’s repeatable so they can see the problem.

2. The reversing camera stays on when you move forward, but only for a few seconds, or maybe when you exceed a certain forward speed.

3. I’ll check this tonight and let you know.

4. Sorry - no idea on this one.

0 0 0

3. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hey, I've had mine for a few months now and can provide insight

1. I get this sometimes too, cba to go to the dealer for it but I should.

2. After you hit a certain forward speed it should turn off

3. The dashboard stays illuminated for a min tops on mine after i lock the car.

4. This is normal, you are transmitting 15watts i believe wirelessly, heat is a by product.

0 0 0

4. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1835 Post(s)
    When you collected the car, did they warn you about its unfinished software suite?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    i did not receive any info about the software being unfinished , although it says i have update available, but not managed to get that installed, another thing to add to list

Thank you all for your input really appreciate your time

One last thing, the slide controls in front of screen , do not seem to illuminate at night when dashboard lighting on , is that normal , am i missing a setting ? . Watched a night drive video i noticed his buttons did not light up, only the on /off on the left , but if you look at other symbols from left to right ?, to me they look like they should illuminate as well ?
    Last edited by leea123; 27-09-2020 at 05:00 PM.

0 0 0

6. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leea123 View Post
    3 also when i left car after locking i noticed the dashboard was still illuminated 15 min later , and i did not want to leave any longer so turned on ignition again and off and left car and it went off, only done this once .
    After locking, the active info display (ie the dials behind the steering wheel) remain on for around 30 seconds, then switch off. The other interior illumination switches off immediately on locking.

One last thing, the slide controls in front of screen , do not seem to illuminate at night when dashboard lighting on , is that normal , am i missing a setting?
    No, the sliders don't illuminate. To be fair, the rest of the ambient lighting is pretty good! (In the photo below the camera has picked up in red some of the slider symbols, but they weren’t illuminated in real life).

20200927_200549.jpg

0 0 0

7. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    After locking, the active info display (ie the dials behind the steering wheel) remain on for around 30 seconds, then switch off. The other interior illumination switches off immediately on locking.

No, the sliders don't illuminate. To be fair, the rest of the ambient lighting is pretty good! (In the photo below the camera has picked up in red some of the slider symbols, but they weren’t illuminated in real life).

20200927_200549.jpg
    Thank you for your time , vw looking at interior light issue and software update issue on Thursday, will post results of that in case it helps others

0 0 0

8. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I too had an issue withe rear interior light, my local dealer sorted it out when the car went in for a software update.

0 0 0

9. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I too had an issue withe rear interior light, my local dealer sorted it out when the car went in for a software update.
    did they say what the issue was ?

0 0 0

10. Re: collected golf eight today, few issues any ideas, ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Hi there picked up my new golf today, got some issues and concerns, just looking for some knowledge if possible.
    On my A6 on more than one occassion I have got out of the car thinking I have turned the ignition off only to realise that the ignition is still on but the engine has sturnwd off due to the stop/start. Giveaway in this situation is that the radio stays on when I open the drivers door. Wonder if that is what happened with you. Not sure what happens in the Golf in this situation as I do not drive it that frequently

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast