1. A6 C6 2011 3.0Tdi CDYA questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi all, new to forum. I have recently switched from a 3.2 TT Quattro, to an A6 C6 3.0 Tdi Quattro with engine code CDYA.
    I haven’t owned a diesel for a few years, so everything sounds off to me at the moment!

Firstly, the engine sounds a little off, it’s a little on the loud side idling and not in a good way - I know diesels tick - but this one sounds a little off. There is a bit of a swirling sound, which is coming from the region of cylinders 4, 5, 6. Ive used a screwdriver against the engine and pressed my ear against it - and engine sounds ok. Need to double check it’s not injector seals.
    So thought it might possibly be EGR related? As it seems around that area of engine.
    I’ve just removed a blanking plate off the intake manifold to the egr that the previous owner had on it, but realised if it were blanked, it would have had to have been mapped out also to avoid error lights etc. So not sure if the EGR currently works as it should - though output tests on VCDS works - not sure if it works when it should though.

Can I get the EGR reactivated or is there a way to know it’s been mapped out? as I prefer it to work - though understand this will involve cleaning things a lot!

I’ve also looked at injection values, these appear to be ok with worst one at 0.6 at idle, but gets better under load.

Engine also seems very vibey - coming from a 3.2 V6 which idled smooth as silk, this 3.0 tdi has a high frequency vibration that makes the writing on engine cover go a little blurry.

Plus is there anything else to keep an eye out for.

HPFP seem to be another item that can go catastrophically wrong! Any way of checking this? Or take intake off and open up sensor to look inside? Worth changing for a remanufactured unit for sanity sake?

Cheers all

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 2011 3.0Tdi CDYA questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I have the same engine. Should be very smooth.what sort of mileage? Hpfp very reliable. Cheap enough to do the tensioner and belt. I did all my pulleys,inc crankshaft. Very smooth. Poss hydraulic engine mount issue ?

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 2011 3.0Tdi CDYA questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Im starting to think engine mounts too, seems smooth when engine is warm and higher rpm, just very viby at idle / low rpm. Was researching mounts earlier.

going to change hpfp anyway with a reconditioned unit - don’t want to leave it to chance. Plus stuck a stethoscope on pump / fuel lines earlier - nearly dropped the thing when listening to it due to volume and sounds it was making!

cheers

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 2011 3.0Tdi CDYA questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Hpfp belt kit cheap enough. Just a belt and idler/ tensioner. Very rare these fail. I did mine due to my OCD.
    If its idle is that bad, you need to get it scanned. Previous A6 had a bad engine mount(electro hydraulic) she was still smooth on idle. Crankshaft pulley/ dampner more likely to fail.

As said get her scanned with vag com

0 0 0