Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all.

Wanted to create a thread to track the Golf 8 software updates and any issues encountered (if any).

As of today (22nd September 2019), there was an OTA update and I've now got the following.

This information can be found by going to: Settings -> System Information (down the bottom)

To check for updates to the vehicle: Go to Settings -> System Information and then press "Update software". Wait a (long!) while and it'll hopefully find one!
    To check for updates to "Store" purchases: Open the store (with the vehicle ignition on) and any updates will be displayed directly on the application tile.

System information

Hardware: H56
    Software: 1664
    Display unit/control panel hardware: H40
    Display unit/control panel software: 3074
    Navigation database: 20.7
    Media codec: 3.1.4
    Radio database: 1.30.12

Changelog

Background system processes:
    • Fixed errors

Other updates

The Alexa App was also updated to version 1.01.

0 2 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    This could perhaps end up being the longest thread on this forum.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for starting - it's a shame more of the release isn't explained as I can't tell the difference between my previous version and this current one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    The alexa app actually works now, 2 months after I bought the car

I've also noticed the climate control actually responds to you now when you first start the car, So i guess they've prioritised it under initial start up.

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    had notification of update, said was installing, nothing seemed to happen , then tried to search for update waited 15 min, nothing will let dealer know , they can sort it

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I updated my system no problem, then noticed Alexa download was still "pending" (as it has been for the past 3 months), I reset infotainment to factory settings and now it does not find the latest software updates.

I also cannot register myself as the primary user, everything I tap 'become primary user' nothing happens!

Have tried a few times, turning ignition off, using the app etc. But no luck so far. Just a word of warning to anyone else who may be debating to factory reset!

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    I think you need to use the web based portal to set yourself as the primary user

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Unfortunately the Web based portal is telling me to go to VW, which is slightly more confusing :S

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    So the web portal is telling you to go to the car with two keys, right? But when you select make me the primary user, nothing happens, or you end up waiting indefinitely?

The problem is that you are logged in to the car as a guest user and the privacy settings are probably set to the most restricted setting. So the car can’t communicate with the outside world - there will be no globe on the top right of the info screen. To fix this, go to the car, select Users / Settings / Privacy Settings and select the least restrictive privacy setting (Share My Position).

Now, when you try to make yourself the primary user (in the car), the info screen should instruct you to press lock (or maybe unlock....) on one key and then on the second key.

Good luck!

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yep, all of the above - go to VW with both keys and nothing happens/stuck in the loop when tapping become primary user!

That all sounds familiar now you mention it, I didn't have any issues setting it up the first time around.

Thanks for the walkthrough, very helpful- will give it a go tomorrow!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast