1. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Heh, one of the issues that I have with the car (that is probably? not software related) is that the interior rear right light will keep coming on and turning off by itself. This happens some time after starting the car and usually eventually goes away. Were you having the same problem? I don't drive anyone in the rear and the light was practically never used otherwise.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I assume/hope it's more of a light unit fault!

I noticed a couple of others on here had the same thing too. It's replaceable under warranty should you ever want to get it done. It started to annoy me after a while, especially is I'm driving in the dark more now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1h4 View Post
    Heh, one of the issues that I have with the car (that is probably? not software related) is that the interior rear right light will keep coming on and turning off by itself. This happens some time after starting the car and usually eventually goes away. Were you having the same problem? I don't drive anyone in the rear and the light was practically never used otherwise.
    I had the same, was rear light unit fault, was replaced all ok

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Notified of another software update this evening. The notification said it was for:
    20201125_181823.jpg

Implemented it, but no change to the version numbers shown in post #22 , except that the navigation database has gone to 20.10. (It didn’t take that long to download, mind you - around 30 secs - so can't have been a big change).

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Picked up my car last week, overall very impressed with it. I had a 7R Estate previously so this is a very different car... but in a good way.

Immediately noticed that the keyless was a bit flakey, after maybe 30mins after locking it would just stop working and I'd have to unlock with the keyfob. Took it back to VQ this morning and they said it needed a SW update to fix the issue but that it wouldn't come OTA.

Honestly, I'm not convinced they aren't just bluffing to get some extra warranty hours for their labour... I guess I'll find out next week, assuming the new lockdown doesnt delay it.

(I also got an OTA update last week, just after collecting the car)

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need to treat your new car like a new PC or phone... not as a car.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You need to treat your new car like a new PC or phone... not as a car.
    Turn it off and on again?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That’s the one, every tech help lines favourite starting point “have you tried turning it off and back on again?” or in tech speak, a master reset.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Just an explanation on the Software updates of the car:
    the Ota updates that come online are minor updates and upgrade the navigation and shop.
    No change happens to the version number.
    The version updates ( from 1664 to 1666 to 1668)can only happen at VW as these update all the control units in the car.
    Maybe VW will eventually allow these updates just like Tesla but truth be told i wont think they will.
    Also some newer models of the Golf 8, after build week 48, have sw 1788 but also have control unit for Pro 816D or for media 820D
    earlier build for media/Pro is 816B
    Now before you go to VW, it is possible that their latest version is 1664, and there seems to be various reasons like version 1666 was pulled because it had more problems.
    Also any cars with the updates 1666/1668 and 1778 are all cars that came factory fitted with that software.
    In fact some Golf 8 owner in Germany ,who has the 1666 software, went to VW to get the 1668 or 1788 update but was told they could only see an update version of 1664 on their system.
    All i know is a big update is coming at the end of January that should fix many of the problems appearing on the Golf 8. We will see.

0 3 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    ^^^ Very helpful information!

0 0 0

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast