1. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, keyless now works as it should. The main software number is still 1666, so I’m guessing it was a specific update that was done

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMNI2021 View Post
    Dealer said they were unable to do software update as VW has pulled all further updates until they sort out issues with current versions.
    This chimes with my experience. Car went in to dealer with repeated travel assist ‘dinging’ warnings. They did the big software update but that didn’t fix the dinging so they ordered a new steering wheel and loom. That was fitted earlier this week and dealer says it is successful, BUT, they’ve had a bulletin from VW HQ about issues with the software update that was installed and he wants to hang on to the car until he finds out more. No problem as they’ve given us the same model for a courtesy car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Funny my dealer said they weren’t allowed to give me a courtesy car because of COVID!!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    They can give you one it's just more of a challenge for them. They need properly cleaning after use/ to not be used for a few days. Think they're avoiding using them where they can especially for shorter periods of time.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My GTI DSG I collected 19 Dec 20 is going in on Thursday for;

Keyless Entry – Sporadic in working, sometimes you walk up to the car and it opens automatically without putting your hand in the door handle as intended (oddly it has a higher chance to automatically open when approaching from the rear. 50/50 on whether it opens the car when you put your hand in the door handle. Button on door handle doesn’t always work to lock it either, have reverted to using the key fob for the most part as naturally it works every time. Wondered whether linked to parking sensor detection like keyless boot opening is.
    · NSF Heated Seat – Turns on fine, but then will randomly turn on and off when partner is sat in the seat. After a little time trying to replicate the problem, it seems to be a sensor in the seat that doesn’t seem to register someone is actually sat in the seat (weight?), minor but a little frustrating nonetheless
    · WeConnect (Primary User) – Never had any joy with this since we collected. Had created a new account and followed the process to add the Golf to the account. Have ‘Purchased’ the 3Yrs services and logged-in in the car, but cannot become a ‘Primary User’ it will allow me to select the text on the menu where this setting is, but nothing happens, I’ve been at it from every angle I can see and haven’t been able to get it working at all. Same goes for selecting privacy settings in the same sub-menu, doesn’t let me select. Tried numerous ‘fixes’ for this as noted on this thread to no avail.
    · Parking Brake – Only happened a couple of times, but even with the Driver Seatbelt on it won’t automatically release when pulling away from stationary (with auto-hold enabled), it comes up with the dash message saying please release parking brake etc.

Sounds like most of these are what is being experienced by everyone else. Will be interesting to see where local centre gets to with it...

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the steering wheel and loom needs to be replaced. (They're on back order....)
    You were correct - just had a call to say the steering wheel and airbag wiring needs to be replaced. Estimated arrival from Germany is 28th. They are keeping the car until then. Courtesy car is a Polo which I kindly asked if I could swap, luckily enough they have another Gold 8 I can borrow until mine is fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I must have been lucky with my MK8, it's a wk 8 2020 and only issues i have had is recall for SOS update which didn't give me any issues and the infotainment screen freezing up once.

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie_1 View Post
    Picked mine up from the dealer after having a software update (mentioned in one of my above posts) and the travel assist unavailable dinging has been relentless - 12 times in 30 seconds was my personal best (previously done it once every few journeys). Going back to the dealer next week - said they need the car for a few days as it may be a wiring issue.

Although I'm sure they are aware it's a wider issue!

Quick update - steering wheel and airbag wiring needed replacing, dealer advised approx. 8 days wait for the parts from Germany.

Dropped car off, 2 days later had a call saying work is complete. Only driven 15 miles but no annoying dinging so far!

Perhaps they found a 'donor' car knocking around somewhere.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Has anybody been having issues with ACC? The last week or so when I turn mine on regardless of the speed I’m travelling it changes the speed to 37mph every 30 seconds or so. Quite dangerous!!! After a couple of seconds it will go back up to the original speed. Always goes to 37! So you are driving and it sticks the brakes on!!!

Car is going back into dealer on Tuesday for new door handle (they think this will fix keyless issues but I’m not so sure) and hopefully software update.

I can’t wait as I am having so many issues, dealer has agreed to give me another car as they said they have done software updates on a couple of other golfs and it took 8 hours!!! I’m on version 1666.

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMNI2021 View Post
    Has anybody been having issues with ACC? The last week or so when I turn mine on regardless of the speed I’m travelling it changes the speed to 37mph every 30 seconds or so. Quite dangerous!!! After a couple of seconds it will go back up to the original speed. Always goes to 37! So you are driving and it sticks the brakes on!!!

Car is going back into dealer on Tuesday for new door handle (they think this will fix keyless issues but I’m not so sure) and hopefully software update.

I can’t wait as I am having so many issues, dealer has agreed to give me another car as they said they have done software updates on a couple of other golfs and it took 8 hours!!! I’m on version 1666.
    Yes, same issue I have except mine usually does it at 44 rather than 37.
    44 = 70kmph, 37 = 60kmph . See my post on this thread - Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers – 18-01-2021,04:22 PM , about when it occurs. On my 2nd car because of it, same issue on the new one (build week 41 and 1664). Booked back in to the garage on Monday.
    Golf 8 1.5 eTSI, 7-speed DSG, Style, Deep Black Pearl, Rear View camera, UTR

0 0 0

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast