1. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Does it think you're entering a different speed limit or is it picking up a 60 sign but set to km/h rather than mph?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmagee View Post
    Does it think you're entering a different speed limit or is it picking up a 60 sign but set to km/h rather than mph?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
    Once the car has done its failure sequence it thinks it is running as right hand drive and in kmph, so once it detects a speed limit it goes to the equivalent in kmph. So if it sees a sign, or picks up from map data that it is a 70 it slows to 44, and if 60 slows to 37.
    Golf 8 1.5 eTSI, 7-speed DSG, Style, Deep Black Pearl, Rear View camera, UTR

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Like @jamie_1, I’ve just had our eTSI Style back from the dealer. They replaced the steering wheel and loom which has cured the related ‘dinging’ caused by the Emergency Assist / Travel Assist not available fault.
    The worksheet shows they have also applied software update E42 and the software is now at 1668.
    However, they have said it will need another update to cure the intermittent fault where it loses connection to VW Servers. They’ll let me know when it’s available.....

0 1 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My Golf 8 eTsi (dsg) has been showing all similar software issues; SOS warning take to workshop, front sensor not available, parking brake not engaged etc. I also had the very strange right side interior back light turning itself on and off. I was blaming the kids for leaving the light on, but no, it is a fault.
    I took the golf to VW and they updated the software and changed the light fitting. Golf back within 48 hours. No warnings on the 30min drive home, hope that has sorted the problems!

0 1 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Got my car back from dealer yesterday. They said they replaced the keyless component and carried out software upgrade.

Keyless issues seems fixed. Wasn’t really in the car long enough to check if any of the other software problems have been resolved. Did notice that I was running software 1666 and this is still showing as 1666 on the systems info page after they said they have updated.

Should this not have changed to a different number????

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Think the software version refers to the infotainment software only. Therefore if they have updated software for other systems it would not show as an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for that! I hope so, have had so much bother with mine that my blood boiled when I saw the version was still at 1666 after I left dealer!

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Had mine in for software update. They seem to have logged in as guest user and, whenever I try to log in to my account I just get a screen saying ‘please wait...’ and nothing happens. Anyone else had this?

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Make sure your privacy setting (when in guest mode) is set to the least restrictive - ie Share My Position. The globe on the top right of the infotainment screen should be white, not greyed out.
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tip, though it seems I cannot currently change the privacy setting as the car has lost connection with the server!

Dealer claimed the software update has fixed the broken travel assist, we’ll see. Suspect I’ll be in for a new steering wheel before too long.

0 0 0

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast