1. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Above link translated so people don't need to wonder what the article says.

The automobile manufacturer Volkswagen is considering calling all models of the Golf VIII delivered to the workshop. According to information from the F.A.Z. heard from business circles. The latest version of the bestseller has to struggle with considerable problems in the software control for the infotainment system. Again and again there are total failures of the navigation or other displays on the screen in the middle of the cockpit.

Most recently, the F.A.Z. reported a system failure in a driving report on the Golf GTE. The infotainment only recovers after hours of waiting, provided the vehicle is parked and the ignition is switched off. Volkswagen has identified a control unit that is said to be responsible for the apparently massive errors. It should now be exchanged, and a software update should also be installed.

Internally, the working time is estimated at around 5 hours. Customers are to be offered a replacement car for the time they are in the workshop. In addition, VW wants to advertise the acceptance of the service offer with vouchers for an inspection or another smaller service. Because the measure is not an official recall ordered by the Federal Motor Transport Authority, but a voluntary measure by Volkswagen. What is reportedly not or cannot be changed as part of the repair is the unfortunate circumstance that the touch-sensitive bar for adjusting the radio volume and the air conditioning is not illuminated at night and is therefore virtually inoperable.

The subsequent installation of lighting seems to be technically impossible or too expensive. Customers are to be informed of the measure by letter in the next few days. It was not initially possible to find out how much money Volkswagen would have to spend on this.

0 1 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Very interesting.

For those with repeated 'dinging' (see Intermittant fault thread) it seems dealers have to apply this software update first to see if it cures the problem; and if not then they will be allowed by VW HQ to change the steering wheel.

I wonder if this is the software update to the aerial control module that the dealer first told me about last November when I initially reported the dinging?

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    Very interesting.

For those with repeated 'dinging' (see Intermittant fault thread) it seems dealers have to apply this software update first to see if it cures the problem; and if not then they will be allowed by VW HQ to change the steering wheel.

I wonder if this is the software update to the aerial control module that the dealer first told me about last November when I initially reported the dinging?
    Picked mine up from the dealer after having a software update (mentioned in one of my above posts) and the travel assist unavailable dinging has been relentless - 12 times in 30 seconds was my personal best (previously done it once every few journeys). Going back to the dealer next week - said they need the car for a few days as it may be a wiring issue.

Although I'm sure they are aware it's a wider issue!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the steering wheel and loom needs to be replaced. (They're on back order....)

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Mines in on Friday for the software update to address the unresponsive keyless entry. I’ll let you know how it goes!

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    VW to "recall" 7400 Golf's in UK for software update

Updated: 7400 UK Volkswagen Golfs to get software update | Autocar

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    So took my Golf back to dealer today 3 weeks to the day after getting it, issues I have been having are:

Keyless Entry - goes to sleep
    Warning lights - travel assist
    ACC - Changing speed
    ESim - Connection greyed out
    CarPlay - Connection intermittent
    WeConnect - Has stopped connecting
    Heated Seats - go into climate seats greyed
    Temperature - changes it’s self

Software version - 1666

Left car at 10 this morning, just picked it up, dealer has said that there is some kind of fault with keyless and it needs a new handle which is on back order(even though it doesn’t work on both sides) explained that it works if car has been running recently, said it’s showing on car as a fault.

Dealer said they were unable to do software update as VW has pulled all further updates until they sort out issues with current versions.

When I said to dealer that there is a lot of common problems being discussed online and similar faults to mine dealer said to not bother reading these forums as the “people” don’t know what they are talking about!!!

So after 6 hours at dealer they have washed my car! No other work carried out!!! Not very happy!!!
    Last edited by GMNI2021; 14-01-2021 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Update

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    And what still annoys me is the VW in Germany freely admitted it was being launched with software issues and the dealers were supposed to inform clients and ask them to be patient.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMNI2021 View Post
    So took my Golf back to dealer today 3 weeks to the day after getting it, issues I have been having are:

Keyless Entry - goes to sleep
    Warning lights - travel assist
    ACC - Changing speed
    ESim - Connection greyed out
    CarPlay - Connection intermittent
    WeConnect - Has stopped connecting
    Heated Seats - go into climate seats greyed
    Temperature - changes it’s self

Software version - 1666

Left car at 10 this morning, just picked it up, dealer has said that there is some kind of fault with keyless and it needs a new handle which is on back order(even though it doesn’t work on both sides) explained that it works if car has been running recently, said it’s showing on car as a fault.

Dealer said they were unable to do software update as VW has pulled all further updates until they sort out issues with current versions.

When I said to dealer that there is a lot of common problems being discussed online and similar faults to mine dealer said to not bother reading these forums as the “people” don’t know what they are talking about!!!

So after 6 hours at dealer they have washed my car! No other work carried out!!! Not very happy!!!
    That’s interesting. Mine was in today for the lazy keyless issue. They have carried out the software update. I did get a limited front systems warning on the way home though

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I take it that has solved the problem? I thought that would fix it, so much for the dealer saying all updates have been pulled 🤬

0 0 0

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast