1. Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have just become the new owner of a 2016 A6 Avant S-line. It is fitted with RMC nav system. I have my iphone 7 connected and to the most part works OK. Looking online it appears I should be able to activate Siri by holding down the steering wheel speech button for a couple of seconds. This does not work and the only way Siri can be used if it i shout loud enough for the phones microphone to pick me up. The car microphone works for speech recognition and calls, so I know it works!

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bump

0 0 0

3. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    What your are trying is what should work . I had a 2016 A7 which is the same set up as your car and it worked fine with an iPhone 6 and then 8. Have you tried it connected with and without the lightning cable?
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

4. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, yes tried it both methods. It does work over bluetooth but only if the mic on the phone pics up the "hey Siri" I emailed Audi UK with there reply-

"Regarding the inquiry on the tutorial video from the USA, this would not work on our vehicles as this is a totally different market. However, on looking on your vehicles specifications, the Siri option is not available on your vehicle as you do not have mirror link as part of your specifications.

I am sorry that this is not the information you was hoping to hear."

This is the video I sent to them as reference
    Audi Tutorials & Help | Audi USA (Audi MMI: External Device Voice Recognition)

I checked my firmware and it seems to be quite old. RMC_EU_P1432B

Could a newer version of the firmware help?

0 0 0

5. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Mirror link is for Android. Siri is iPhone is CarPlay. I didn’t have CarPlay but my Siri still worked - not sure if an update would help or it a market thing.
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

6. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    My A6 had the MMI3G+ not the RMC system, but I seem to recall the long push needed to be for a few seconds. It's also important that your phone is set to allow Siri access from the lock screen, otherwise it just won't work.

I have never had an RMC equipped car, so I can't say for definite that it is a supported feature in RMC. El-Cap's signature shows his A7 had the Tech Pack, which means MMI3G+ not RMC. Hopefully someone else with an RMC car might be along shortly...

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

7. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you for the replies, I did not find a solution to this so will have to rely on a phone holder and some shouting to Siri. I had considered getting some cables and trying to mirror the phone to the screen, but do not think this will work on the RMC system as it appears you cannot stream video to the display from the AMI port. It really does show that Audi are really bit backward and dated when it comes to in car electronics!

It's quite bad when my 2008 Citroen C8 had a lot more technology than a 2016 Audi S-line. Although its not what i brought it for you really would think Audi would be a bit more up to date.

0 0 0

8. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-f View Post
    Thank you for the replies, I did not find a solution to this so will have to rely on a phone holder and some shouting to Siri. I had considered getting some cables and trying to mirror the phone to the screen, but do not think this will work on the RMC system as it appears you cannot stream video to the display from the AMI port. It really does show that Audi are really bit backward and dated when it comes to in car electronics!

It's quite bad when my 2008 Citroen C8 had a lot more technology than a 2016 Audi S-line. Although its not what i brought it for you really would think Audi would be a bit more up to date.
    Actually you could stream video via the AMI on the prefacelift C7 with RMC, but it was removed on facelift version. I believe it was down to a licensing issue with Apple

0 0 0

9. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Actually you could stream video via the AMI on the prefacelift C7 with RMC, but it was removed on facelift version. I believe it was down to a licensing issue with Apple
    OK that explains why I thought this was possible but now is apparently not, even though it seems to suggest it is in the manual.

Thank you

0 0 0

10. Re: Speech Button Siri Activation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    If I recall correctly on my 2012 car I could stream video using by 2nd Gen iPod Touch and also from my iPhone. At the time both used the old style "30pin" connector and to get video streaming you needed the AMI cable with the red collar. With my 2015 car the old iPod came up as an incompatible device and by then Apple had moved over to the Lightening connector and this required a DAC chip in the cable to work with the AMI system, whose functionality required licencing fees to be paid to Apple. Audi only enabled the audio features and the ability to display album art, presumably on the basis that drivers would not be streaming video as it was illegal in many countries

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast