Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    i have a Golf, and I am sure it had a green lights on light. Now it does not work, so I don’t know of the lights are on (not at night of course, I mean the DRLs are alway on, but as light fades the headlights automatically come on). Now, the headlights work fine, but the green notification light does not. I tried recoding so the green light comes on with DRLs, but. The green lights still doesn’t come on. I have had the cluster out, and clearly it does not have conventional bulbs, and must have LEDs. Has anyone else had this problem, and have they successfully fixed it or soldered in a new LED?

0 0 0

2. Re: Instrument cluster - lights on warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Mess around inside this panel at your peril, it contains the immobiliser and you can end up with a non starting car.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Instrument cluster - lights on warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it’s a risky job, I’ll leave it or swap the whole unit out.

0 0 0

4. Re: Instrument cluster - lights on warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you replace the unit is has to be coded and matched to the car, it is not plug and play. Often it is impossible to make a used unit work even with the proper equipment.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Instrument cluster - lights on warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder why it has to be made so hard.
    will VCDS be needed to code the cluster?

0 0 0

6. Re: Instrument cluster - lights on warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    VCDS can USUALLY do the coding as in the cars functions such as pad and screen wash warning but it CANNOT match the immobiliser section inside the dash to the engine ECU and learn the keys chip coding or enter the component protection ID, i.e. the VIN. This is made difficult because certain elements in society are of a nefarious nature and refuse to leave other peoples property alone. A new pod should only be matched using the VAG system ODIS in its GEKO security function, getting access to this second level of ODIS is very difficult for a non franchised repairer like myself but I felt inadequate without it, I hate relying on anyone else and especially the VAG dealers as they are rude, awkward and uncooperative. One chap that used to be the service manager at Volkswagen Nottingham when I was just starting out was a really helpful friendly chap that always took time to help me. His son came from there to work for me about 15 years ago and for the last five years, he has worked for me as well.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: Instrument cluster - lights on warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I always thought the lights on light was part of the light switch on VWs which is why there’s light on symbol in the main dash panel.

I’ve had B6 & B7 Passats, a mid noughties Touran and currently a MK7 Golf and all have had no lights on symbol on the main dash panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 VW Touran Sport 2.0 TDI
    Pumpkin Android headunit

1990 Mk2 Golf Driver 1.6, 1999 Passat SE 1.9 TDI, 2006 Passat Sport 2.0 TDI and 2012 Passat Est Sport 2.0 TDI - all gone but not forgotten.

0 0 0