Hi guys,

Just signed up so I can ask a few questions. If I'm in the wrong location just let me know.

I've never owned a VW but have had plenty beemas in my time. I currently have a nicely spec's V90 R design 19 plate with 17k on.
Ive always had estates or SUVs but really want a practical hatch but something that puts a smile on my face, thing is this the V90 is a lot of spec, so I really want opinions and advice on comparable features etc. I appreciate there will be a huge dif in drives!
I'm considering an 18 plate golf R with less than 20k on the clock.

Features on the R design I use / like are:
Remote start linked to the volvo app... Is there an option for the R?
Heated seats and steering wheel. I know the R won't do heated wheel but can you configure it so the heated seats come on when you start if the outside temp is below a certain point?

Heated screen... But don't think the standard spec R would have this? If not are the heaters decent/quick clear?

Using the remote app to lock unlock and send map info to nav, does the R have a similar feature if so is it subscription?

The R design is keyless with convenience pack but I'd imagine I'd not need this, but have heard the key starts are safer?

Is the boot practical enough to manage. Apart from putting the dog in once in a while if we go out as a family I don't need the estate size boot.

Obviously I am going to ask about MPG as I need an element of practicality. My commute is 10 miles 35 mins each way b roads and duel carrigeway... What can I expect when just going steady?

Do you suggest additional security?

On the drive modes if you select sar race mode or eco mode and you get home will the start mode next morning be as you left it or will it default to comfort?

If I select nav as my main screen will it still be my main screen when I come to start the next day, or does it default?

Do you need to fill up every tank with 98/99?

Does the R have high beam assist?
Are the headlights and dipped headlights LED /xenon.... Not halogen?

Does thd R have collision avoidance / pedestrian notification?

What is it like to live with daily/ any other advice or comments appreciated

TIA ����