1. Arrow Headlight issue, Wiltshire area. Help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi all. A while ago I bought a Carly Adaptor. I had it for about a week and decided that it wasn’t really that great and the cost of it didn’t really warrant the amount I would use it. I changed a couple of things on the A6, nothing much. I mainly bought it so I could turn off the EPB for brake maintenance. Turned out that feature isn’t supported for the 2015 A6!

I sent it back for a refund. Anyway, after I returned it, I realised that my headlights are always on despite the light switch being off. I’m wondering if I change a setting to the DRL settings by mistake.

is there anyone in the Wiltshire area that has either a Carly or VCDS that might be able to help me reverse this? Any offer of help would be very much appreciated. I’m in Calne, near Chippenham. The only other feature I wanted was to close the boot with the key fob. Carly doesn’t do that either. I did look at the OBD Eleven device but I now think I should leave this alone.

thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Headlight issue, Wiltshire area. Help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    DRL's are staying ON if switch if on OFF

do you have DRL's ON in all 3 switch positions?

0 0 0

3. Re: Headlight issue, Wiltshire area. Help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnro79 View Post
    DRL's are staying ON if switch if on OFF

do you have DRL's ON in all 3 switch positions?
    Yes, the DRL are on with headlight switch in all positions so are the headlights. Even when off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Headlight issue, Wiltshire area. Help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terry.hatton View Post
    Yes, the DRL are on with headlight switch in all positions so are the headlights. Even when off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In your first post you refer to Headlights staying on regardless of switch setting. In your last post replying to Johnro8=79 this has changed to DRL. Facelift car (and maybe some older cars) do not have the option to turn off the DRLs, they stay on regardless of other settings as they became a legal requirement - previously they were not compulsory. On facelift cars the DRLs also perform the function of Fog Lights. The location of the DRL changes depending on which headlights you have - Xenon, LED, Matrix LED. If your Headlights (and by impliocation the tail lights) are staying on all the time it sounds as if you may have activated the Scandinavian Market setting for the car

0 0 0

5. Re: Headlight issue, Wiltshire area. Help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    In your first post you refer to Headlights staying on regardless of switch setting. In your last post replying to Johnro8=79 this has changed to DRL. Facelift car (and maybe some older cars) do not have the option to turn off the DRLs, they stay on regardless of other settings as they became a legal requirement - previously they were not compulsory. On facelift cars the DRLs also perform the function of Fog Lights. The location of the DRL changes depending on which headlights you have - Xenon, LED, Matrix LED. If your Headlights (and by impliocation the tail lights) are staying on all the time it sounds as if you may have activated the Scandinavian Market setting for the car
    Hi Johnsimcox, thank you for your reply. Yes, you are correct, I have confused the matter by the incorrect terminology. What I meant was, the headlights remain on all the time regardless of the lighting switch "on/off/auto" position. I have a 2015 facelift car with LED Matrix headlights. Prior to using the Carly device, the headlights were fine. Since using it, I had noticed that the sky in the Sat Nav map screen was always on night time setting (stars were always out) even during the daytime. I always had it on auto setting for daytime/night time for the map. It was after a short while, I noticed that the headlights were always on during the day and that I could not turn them off. I therefore came the the conclusion that if the car lights are always on, the auto setting in the map screen of the sat nav might assume it is night time? hence the stars being out during the day on the map screen of the MMI.

Anyway, back to the headlight issue, do you think this is likely to be having inadvertently activated the Scandinavian market setting, i.e headlights always on? My wife has a 2006 BMW Z4, and the Carly gave the option of setting the headlights to a DRL setting, which I didn't activate. I therefore thought maybe I had accidently set the headlights on the A6 to act as DRL's. Also, my A6 does have the option to turn off the DRL in the MMI. However, selecting or deselecting doesn't seem to do anything. The tail lights are also on all the time so maybe you are right?

Thanks very much.

0 0 0

6. Re: Headlight issue, Wiltshire area. Help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    These are the screen options I have. Sorry, I don't know how to rotate the pictures!

IMG_6776.jpgIMG_6777.jpg
    IMG_6778.jpgIMG_6779.jpg
    IMG_6780.jpg

0 1 0