1. Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    So my Q7 unfortunately didn't come very the cool looking Ambient Lighting package. Solution - retrofit it! I had to purchase a different centre console trim with the led strip. Door trims were easy as I already had exit warning led strips so just had to buy led modules and fit them to exit warning system. I have wired these directly into 12v led that only comes on with the headlights. As a result of doing this way I don't have the full multi colour system - I have red only as the led globes I used were red but you can just change the globes for another colour. If you want the multi colour system you need modules etc and coding which would be a lot of work. Finally got every installed today and wired up. Next I will do the same to the dash air vents but this is not so easy so will be a job for another day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by James Hamilton; 04-03-2017 at 10:26 AM.

0 1 0

2. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Well done mate! One thing I do regret not ticking, I like the red glow. How much time did you spend doing it.

0 1 0

3. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks mate. All up prob was 4hrs but was my first time playing with wiring in stuff so anyone with exp would prob do it in 2.

0 0 0

4. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Very impressive, might need to get some of your advice if I can pluck up the courage to do it

0 0 0

5. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    It's easy!

0 0 0

6. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Fitted the main air vent on dash today. Will fit drivers side vent on weekend.

0 0 0

7. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I got the option fitted on my car and love it, hey was Curious, does anyone know where to get trim replacements for right hand drive? I've got the boring aluminum look and i can't seem to find anything on the net for right hand drive

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    hey mate,

what part number was your replacement console trim? I have been trying to find the correct part in ETKA but the only spare parts say they support both non-ambient lighting PR-QQ0/PR-QQ1 and also the advanced package PR-QQ2. Normally they would have different part numbers. I have looked through ebay.de for left hand variants and the silver plastic and I believe it doesn't have it, just the brushed aluminium and black gloss finishes are the correct versions.

Is your trim the brushed aluminium version? It is twice the price of the plastic silver version which makes me think that this also includes the PR-QQ2 light strip.

So the options are:

plastic silver: 4M2 864 241 "J" - Colour options: MVS (Soul black/Silver / MVT (Cliff Grey/silver) / MVU (Pistachio beige/silver)
    High gloss: 4M2 864 241 "K" -
    Colour options: MVV (Soul black/H.gloss / PKV (Cliff Grey/H.gloss) / PKW (Pistachio beige/H.gloss)
    Aluminium: 4M2 864 241 "F" -
    Colour options: NTJ (Soul black/Alu) / NTK (Cliff Grey/alu) / NTL (Pistachio beige/alu) / NTN (Murillo Brown/Alu)

for parts try cars245.co.uk from Lithuania. They are much cheaper than the "********" here in Oz and are pretty cheap with fast shipping.

0 0 0

9. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hamilton View Post
    Fitted the main air vent on dash today. Will fit drivers side vent on weekend.

sorry to revive an old thread. where do you plug the light ambient light that run across your dashboard? to the light foot connecter, is it piggy back on it or is it a different plug? I received my kit, but my plug from the footwell does not match with the wiring harness i got for the ambient light bar.

0 0 0

10. Re: Ambient lighting retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhouw View Post
    sorry to revive an old thread. where do you plug the light ambient light that run across your dashboard? to the light foot connecter, is it piggy back on it or is it a different plug? I received my kit, but my plug from the footwell does not match with the wiring harness i got for the ambient light bar.
    These are LIN bus attached... You need wires from the J519 BCM1 to control the lights..

This is for PR-QQ2 (not PR-QQ1)
    ====================
    LIN BUS 5 – T73a/27LIN BUS 6 – T73a/28 which is also internally bridges to pin T54b/53 (So you only need to use T73a Pins 27 & 38 and also Pin 59 for the power.).. T54b/53 would have been used for the part of the wiring that goes to the centre console while T73/28 would go to the vent lighting.. As I said, they are internally connected in J519 so you only need to use one if you wish.
    LIN BUS 5 is the AMBIENT lighting bus PLUS contour lighting in each of the doors
    LIN BUS 6 is the CONTOUR lighting bus to the dashboard vents PLUS front Centre console

The RGB LED modules use 4 pins... at a minimum, 3 pins need to be used. One for power, one for ground and the other for the LIN bus connection (PR-QQ1 only use two pins - power and gnd). The fourth pin on the RGB LED modules in LIN BUS "OUT". This allows you to extend the LIN bus from one of the modules to another.!

Note: Once you activate ambient lighting, you need all the RGB LED modules (and they are different) or J519 will throw errors saying it cannot communicate with them.

J519 ALSO needs the correct data set for the Q7. By default, as this module was designed initially to be used with the A4, when you enable ambient lighting, you get the colour scheme and controls for A4. VCP (VAGCan professional) can help with data sets...

Good luck

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast