Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Going to try a tuning box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    So, first impressions. Tried it on setting 1. To be honest, couldn't detect much difference so as we all do I went straight to 7 (11 would have been better).
    In "Normal" you get a much improved midrange shove when accelerating from 50mph+. It takes off fairly rapidly from lights as well but maybe not as quick as I was expecting.
    When I had my previous manual box A6 remapped, the torque difference was huge, it would actually slip the clutch at 70 when on boost but the auto box smothers some of that torque wave as it tends to change down, obviously when you want more go.
    Popped the car into Dynamic and the gearbox in sport.
    That's more like it. My seat of the pants timer reckons it's a second, maybe a bit more quicker to 60. I will get around to timing it one evening. Acceleration from 50+ is wonderful and how I imagined a bigger engine car to be. You can really put your foot down and overtake pretty effortlessly.
    300 mile round trip tomorrow so I'll have a lot more experience to report then.

0 1 0

2. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Pah! If it doesn't go all the way up to eleventy then it's obviously rubbish!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting your feedback, and interested to hear how you get on today.

0 0 0

4. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi which engine do you have, 2l or 3l and what is your current bhp/torque and the expected with the box on its highest setting. Thanks.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Hi which engine do you have, 2l or 3l and what is your current bhp/torque and the expected with the box on its highest setting. Thanks.
    2l Ultra. 189 BHP standard. Claimed 238 with box on max setting

0 0 0

6. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    OK, so thoughts after a 300 mile day.
    In Sport (gearbox) it absolutely flies and is very addictive indeed. However back to reality. I spend around 3 hours of the 5 hour return journey in D and Dynamic with CC set at 77mph.
    MPG was pretty much the same as without the box but midrange when needed to overtake etc, is pretty impressive. Overtakes are effortless as is pulling out to another lane and matching the flow of traffics speed.
    The only issue is I haven't managed to get the Bluetooth to pair successfully so I'll call them over the next day or two.

0 0 0

7. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, look forward to your updates.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

8. Re: Going to try a tuning box 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Quick update.
    I love the improved driveability. Bluetooth is a waste of time and something I'm not using.
    MPG is around the same as pre-box but I have been a bit more enthusiastic as I get used to the way the car now responds. I switched it off and hated the way the car drove so switched it back in straight away.

0 1 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12