1. Front washer jets/motor pump mk5 golf 2.0 gt tdi 05 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, my front washer does not work (no sound from pump or wipers wont move) but the rear works fine washer and wiper. Fuse is fine, there are two relays 404 are they for front and back operation? Also if I stop at lights or in traffic when its raining the wipers will stop at what ever position they are at and start again when I move.

0 0 0

2. Re: Front washer jets/motor pump mk5 golf 2.0 gt tdi 05 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Could be the microswitch for the bonnet? If the bonnet is open the wipers won’t operate. Don’t know if you can check that without running diagnostic. When you open the bonnet does it register it being open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Front washer jets/motor pump mk5 golf 2.0 gt tdi 05 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the speedy. Well I've just checked and found two wires twisted together and nothing on the bonnet catch itself so ive looked at a few pictures online and can confirm these are off the bonnet catch. Also the dash is not telling me the bonnet is open.

So if I replace this will it possibly sort this and sort the wipers stopping mid sweep when stopped at lights.

I'm green at the whole DIY thing so you'll have to excuse me and my descriptions.

I tried to upload a picture but don't know how.

0 0 0

4. Re: Front washer jets/motor pump mk5 golf 2.0 gt tdi 05 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fakie1977, thank you. Replaced switch today and all works fine. On to the next...

0 1 0

5. Re: Front washer jets/motor pump mk5 golf 2.0 gt tdi 05 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Good to hear - there’s always another job to work on. I have to give myself some time to try and retrofit rear view camera at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Front washer jets/motor pump mk5 golf 2.0 gt tdi 05 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, to many with this one but learning every time. Good luck with your camera project.

0 0 0