1. Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi to all. Havent been on the forum for ages,because only had BMW cars in the family. Couple weeks ago we purchased A6 2016 3.0tdi quattro. It was purchased from Audi dealership and was audi approved with 28000 on the clock.
    I am more of the BMW person,but really like the car and pleasure to drive. Wife always wanted one so thought give it a go. Love the Matrix LED headlights,those are state of art and are brill. Its quite weird spec,because does not have electric powered seats,those manually adjusted,very strange,but not bothering us at all.

When looking for one i was very worried about the s tronic transmission and that is why we went ahead and got one with low mileage and with warranty. After driving it for 500 miles i started feeling that gearbox acts funny. When coming to a full stop,after couple seconds there is a jolt,limp forward,not nice feeling. Downshift 3 to 2 weird and can feel slight judder at times.
    So car went in back to Audi yesterday and when technician called me after few hours,i been told that car needs new mechatronic unit and nox sensor. To be honest i was shocked,just could not believe what i heard.
    Audi is going to pay for all repairs,so no problem there.

My question is it not unusual for mechatronic to fail at such low mileage? Do i need to push for new clutch kit same time when they doing mechatronic unit?
    Did anyone had problems with their car at low mileage?

What about nox sensor? Why would that fail? Would it affect performance of the car? It pulls very well considering i own bmw 530d with 280hp and that pulls like train.

What do you think guys,should i return the car and ask for my money back?

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    If they are fixing it no quibbles I am not sure you can reject it?

We replace loads of nox sensors on the trucks at work, always the same fault, signal plausible but out of range ie its on its way out.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi. Thanks for reply. Yep,i do also think that it would be hard to reject it. Now i had second thought about it and it not a bad thing they going to fit new mech unit in,should last long time.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi everybody. I thought i add another few thing on the list that broke on my 2016 66reg,a6 3.0tdi audi with now 29k on the clock.
    So this week Thursday morning i started car to go to work and i feel that car shaking a bit,like miss fire. I thought thats me still asleep��. So Friday morning same time i am on my way to work and same shakey,miss firing start again,but this time i saw amber icon on my dash. It is like little engine and seems to mean emission controll fault.
    Car drives ok,i think its a tad low on power,but never pushed it,just usuall drive to work feeling.
    At 10 o'clock i give a call to Audi dealership where we got it from and explained what issue i have. Girl on the phone said that earliest they could see me is 2 weeks. I was not very happy and she found a spot in weeks time. So i said ok and put the phone down. After work i decided to pop in there myself and let the see the car and confirm its ok to drive,because girl on the phone said its ok,but better not and thats not good enough.
    So went there and explained my problem and Audi managed to find spot then to plug it in. After about 45 mins of waiting tech came out and his manager came out and said that crankshaft pos.sensor is playing up and they would need car in to do proper diagnostic and repair. I said ok. Then tech came and said that also glow plugs. I said so in 3 weeks from us buying it it needs mechatronic unit,nox sensor,crankshaft sensor and glow plugs? Tech was shocked. I raised question about mileage being real or corrected. Tech women asked me to wait and went to get someone. It was shop manager and there was negotiation about next steps. We agreed on giving it one more chance,that Audi will repair it and if another issue comes up then i give car back and get my money back which i think is fairplus i like the car and then trying to find something else can be a pain. We came to Audi after owning Bmw,my wife wanted audi allways,so i thought i make her happy��.
    So far Audi dealer been good and looked after me,gave courtesy cars,so we have wheels when car is in.
    So lads,am i wrong thinking mileage could have been corrected? Although i been told its not possible in this car,but iknow it is possible.
    Did anybody had problems like that or its me just being not lucky��? It feels i still smell of Bmw???
    Sorry for a long write up.
    Thank you.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Anything software wise is possible with the correct knowledge and equipment!
    The was a means of testing the mileage, and that is to compare the actual mileage in the instrument cluster, with a calculated mileage in the engine ECU. Any discrepancy more than a few percent means something has been fiddled with. Generally car clockers only wind back the displayed mileage.
    Audi should also have a record of mileage on their database from every time the car has been in for service and repair - it should be obvious from these records if something doesn't add up.

29K and all these failures? Something doesn't add up, the 3.0TDI is now very reliable, and it also it couldn't have missed and S-tronic oil change to ruin the mechatronic....

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi. Records of service visits to audi add up,so cant see anything there,but it could have been clocked before service,because interval is 2 years or 20k i believe. From service history i have it only had servicing and no repairs. First service it had at 5k and second at 23k so its 18k between. Car done 18k in 1 year so lots of driving.
    When i first been told that mechatronic needs changing i askeg technician who called why so early,why at this mileage what going on? He said that over the years he seen many cars with even lower mileage needing mechatronic replacement.
    People say that gen2 s tronic gearbox is improved and faults were corrected,but does not seem like it,at least in my case.
    I understand that sensors can break,but glow plugs?
    Also usually mechatronic failure pulls clutches behind it and vice versa,but technician said that it is only internet forum rrumoors and not the case.
    Anyway i will post on here how i get on.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    S tronic not due in for service for another 9k so would go in at 38. I know how importand is gearbox service and it can prolong its life dramaticly.
    Does anybody know wheather Audi changes both filters when servicing s tronic? I know they change external filter,but about internal one in the sump?

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    AFAIK, the sump filter is not changed by Audi, as it's actually a strainer, not a filter, so you would hope little or nothing ever ends up in it, as it's there to catch large chunks of debris. The side filter catches fine particles, i.e. mainly clutch linings, and the even finer particles are held in suspension in the oil until the oil change, although when I changed my oil, I only got 4.5 Litres of the 7 Litre capacity to drain out, so the new oil was significantly contaminated with old oil.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    The thing I have noticed with auto gearbox drivers, is that many people do not STOP before they change gear. I don’t why people do that. They are not manuals.

I always stop - as in stationery - before changing gear. Irrelevant of where I am or holding up traffic.

I wonder if the previous owner abused the box?
    I suppose it is also possible that the NOx sensor issue might have changed all manner of engine settings?

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 saloon 3.0tdi quattro 272hp 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi. I think its very important to fully stop before changing gear on auto transmission.
    I managed to have a look at clutch adaptations/bite points and clutches K1 and K2 looks as new. K1 is 2.7 and 6.8 and K2 is 2.4 and 6.5. So unless those have been replaced not at audi,because no service records show it,then i think it was not abused,just not lucky i think.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast