1. Re: S-Tronic Gearbox Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    So referring to my above post, I would think this might be true for your car Danclyon... Assuming your car has the DL382 gearbox...

If this car has previously had a gearbox service "with filter change" specified then I would be curious to know exactly what filter(s) that refers to...?

The DL382 box does have 3 filters in the "mechatronic unit" but as far as I know, these are not normally changed and the "mechatronic unit" is quite complicated to get to...

0 0 0

2. Re: S-Tronic Gearbox Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Good day

had the gearbox service and a cambelt with water pump done today, a6 sline black tdi ult, 65 plate, total cost including the courtesy car insurance. £982.82

0 0 0

3. Re: S-Tronic Gearbox Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiglio View Post
    Good day

had the gearbox service and a cambelt with water pump done today, a6 sline black tdi ult, 65 plate, total cost including the courtesy car insurance. £982.82
    Hi Artiglio,

Any idea what was done in the gearbox service? I am assuming the ATF fluid was changed but it would be interesting to know if any filters were changed?

You seem to have the same car as mine, A6 2.0TDI Ultra (S Line) 65reg, so your gearbox would be a DL382 as well

0 0 0

4. Re: S-Tronic Gearbox Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Morning ,

on the receipt it says

”replaced s-tronic oil and filter” however in the cost break down it lists only

labour 0.90
    plug 2.00
    gearoil 4.00

these are the quantities not price, so doesn’t look as though a filter was changed as its not listed.I can’t confirm what gearbox i have.

0 0 0

5. Re: S-Tronic Gearbox Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Interesting. From that would appear that some S-tronics, ie the 2WD ones don't have serviceable filters as suspected. My quattro definitely has a serviceable cartridge filter.
    Also I notice they charged for 4 (presumably Litres?) of fluid. The capacity of my quattro gearbox is 7L, but I couldn't get more than 4 and a bit to drain out, and I was concerned more should have come out. As s-tronics don't have torque converters, I was expecting to drain 6+ Litres out. I started a thread on here a couple of years ago, and no one seems to know what the drain out capacity is supposed to be - Perhaps 4 out of the 7 Litres is correct?

0 0 0

6. Re: S-Tronic Gearbox Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiglio View Post
    Morning ,

on the receipt it says

”replaced s-tronic oil and filter” however in the cost break down it lists only

labour 0.90
    plug 2.00
    gearoil 4.00

these are the quantities not price, so doesn’t look as though a filter was changed as its not listed.I can’t confirm what gearbox i have.
    Thanks for sharing Artiglio.

That would be in line with my findings too.

No filters and 4 "units" (liters) of "gear oil" (ATF fluid)
    I got about 3.2l of fluid out and about 3.4l in after some spilling out when warm

Just interesting why some dealers/garages still call this a "DSG filter and oil service" when no filters are changed, but I suppose this is left from the slightly older gearbox (Dl501) which DOES have a external filter, used until about 2014 as far as I know... Perhaps in the "pre face lifted C7"

0 0 0

7. Re: S-Tronic Gearbox Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluezie View Post
    Interesting. From that would appear that some S-tronics, ie the 2WD ones don't have serviceable filters as suspected. My quattro definitely has a serviceable cartridge filter.
    Also I notice they charged for 4 (presumably Litres?) of fluid. The capacity of my quattro gearbox is 7L, but I couldn't get more than 4 and a bit to drain out, and I was concerned more should have come out. As s-tronics don't have torque converters, I was expecting to drain 6+ Litres out. I started a thread on here a couple of years ago, and no one seems to know what the drain out capacity is supposed to be - Perhaps 4 out of the 7 Litres is correct?
    As far as I have understood it, the DL382 gearbox comes in 4 variants... 0CK is the one used in "front wheel drive" and that is as mentioned WITHOUT any external filters. Then there is a 0CL variant for Quattro and a 0CJ variant, I think that is for the Quattro Ultra

But as far as I have understood, none of these have external filters...? The Quattro variants just have a output for the rear axle but as far as my research have shown, all those 3 variants of the DL382 gearbox are filter free... Perhaps I am mistaking?

Do you know where your servicable cartridge filter is located? Is in external or is it right inside the bottom oil pan/sump? As apparently the slightly older gearbox (DL501) does have a filter inside the bottom oil pan/sump.

When I rang Audi and asked what fluid and filters I need for my A6 with the DL382 0CK box they sold me the DSG fluid and a filter, part# 8020072 but as mentioned this filter is one of 3 suction filters inside the mechatronic unit which is supposed to be "maintenence free" and quite complicated to get to, I think you would have to take the gearbox apart to get to this unit...

The DL382 gearbox has a plastic bottom oil pan/sump whereas the DL501 is metal.

Regarding the fluid, as far as I know the full fluid capacity of the DL382 box is 7l but you will only get about 3l out and some of the 7l capacity is a different fluid which circulates in the mechatronic unit. As far as I know, this part (which is also where 3 suction filters are located) is "maintenence free"

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123