Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

So I bought a cheap high mileage (300k+) 2004 2.0TDI Touran Sport (BKD) a few years ago.

The car had a million & 1 problems and I’m slowly nearing the end of the list and to be fair, it’s s belting motor.

So anyway onto my problem:

For one reason or another I’ve replaced 90% of the aircon system, so new compressor, condensor, evaporator, expansion valve, air dryer etc.

I now only have the following fault:

Address 08: Auto HVAC
    Labels: 1K0-907-044.lbl
    Part No: 1K0 907 044 L
    Component: ClimatronicPQ35 061 0201
    Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
    VCID: 306FF64BA3D6889E243-8065

1 Fault Found:
    00898 - Control Circuit A/C compressor
    010 - Open or Short to Plus

After a few bits of research, I found a thread on here that suggested the wires in the loom are prone to breaking.
    Perfect, I found a break not to far from the plug, repaired it. Still the same issue.

So to prevent me having to rip apart the whole loom and get that horrendous sticky tape all over my fingers I think what i plan to do is replace that part entirely,

So my question/s are:

1) Does anybody have access to a wiring diagram or know exactly where the 2x wires from the plug on the compressor go to? This way i can do a continuity test to see if there are further breakages in the wire.

2) Does anybody know the part number of the correct repair wire that I will need for both ends, so in the plug at the compressor and wherever it goes to? So that I can build my own little loom for the conpressor?

3? Part number of the plug on the compressor and other end if I’ll need one?

Thanks in advance

Kyle!

0 0 0

2. Re: Air Con Wiring Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Is that a white/red + brown pair, or two whites? Pins 1 and 2 go to pins 4 and 3 respectively on a 4-pin connector near starter motor, where orginal pin 1 goes to earth and pin 2 becomes a green wire that takes it to pin 16 on the 20 pin plug on the back of the AC switches in cabin, which is also the AC control module.

Take a look at the pins in the connector as well. One had fractured on the aux heater plug of our Touran.

If you look closely at the pin housing (or mating part) it'll have a part number on it. Ordering one on eBay will often get you new pins that you can connect to a suitable wire with an open-barrel crimper. Alternatively there are only a few types of pin so if you look for "VAG repair wire" on eBay you'll probably recognise the one and can butt splice it onto the existing or new wire as needed.

Pin extractor tool is very useful for demounting things in confined spaces where alternatives like paper clips, tweezers, etc can be tedious to use... Actually getting a new shell for a few £££ is useful for understanding from the comfort of your kitchen table how the various seal, latches and pin retainers need undoing before repeating effortlessly under the car.
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 26-08-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Air Con Wiring Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks very much for the in depth reply!

So they are indeed a white/red + brown pair!

Perfect so I’m going to order the correct “plug” with corresponding wires for the air con compressor, once i get chance to get under and grab the P/N. Hadn’t even thought of ebay, for some reason my brain to went straight to TPS / Main Dealer!!

Hopefully I’ll be able to find the plug near the starter and try to chase it back.

Do you happen to know the rough location of the 20 pin AC Control Unit connector?
    I think I’ll just cut out all the middle men and send the cable straight to pin 16 of that and earth the other at a suitable location.

What gauge wire are we looking at so i can order some of that too? To ensure i have enough.

Speaking of AUX heater, that’s another problem entirely ha, think I need a new glow plug as i keep getting “flame extinguished” faults. Got a few months before the cold weather kicks in though so that’s a job for another day!

I have a pin removal tool but i still find it’s a bit too “thick” for the job, it’s just a cheapy pressed steel thing from ebay. Is there one that you would recommend?

0 0 0

4. Re: Air Con Wiring Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Tidied up my words a bit: "...the 20 pin plug on the back of the AC switches in cabin, which is also the AC control module".

As seen on the back of the module in these recent pictures: Please Help AC control unit/ heated seats.

It's a control wire, so only 0.35mm2.

I have no specific ideas on the extractor tool. Somewhat hit and miss, in so many senses.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

5. Re: Air Con Wiring Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Is that a white/red + brown pair, or two whites? Pins 1 and 2 go to pins 4 and 3 respectively on a 4-pin connector near starter motor, where orginal pin 1 goes to earth and pin 2 becomes a green wire that takes it to pin 16 on the 20 pin plug on the back of the AC switches in cabin, which is also the AC control module.

Take a look at the pins in the connector as well. One had fractured on the aux heater plug of our Touran.

If you look closely at the pin housing (or mating part) it'll have a part number on it. Ordering one on eBay will often get you new pins that you can connect to a suitable wire with an open-barrel crimper. Alternatively there are only a few types of pin so if you look for "VAG repair wire" on eBay you'll probably recognise the one and can butt splice it onto the existing or new wire as needed.

Pin extractor tool is very useful for demounting things in confined spaces where alternatives like paper clips, tweezers, etc can be tedious to use... Actually getting a new shell for a few £££ is useful for understanding from the comfort of your kitchen table how the various seal, latches and pin retainers need undoing before repeating effortlessly under the car.
    Hi @VAG-Abound

So finally got round to getting under the car.

Found the four pin plug you referred to. Unfortunately all four wires have rubbed through.

2 of these wires go to my air con compressor. (Pins 4 & 3)

Do you know what pins 1 and 2 go to on the engine side?

Just going to replace all 4 wires down to where they should go.

So I’m going to buy
    4 pin plug
    2 pin plug for compressor

Wire in the above compressor wires to both plugs in the correct locations, then do the same for the other 2 pins.

Will attempt to remember my erwin password later to look for a wiring diagram, just thought I’d ask here first.

This made sense in my head, sorry if it’s difficult to read!

0 0 0

6. Re: Air Con Wiring Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think I’ve found them, according to ErWin, it looks like the other 2 wires from the 4pin plug go to the voltage regulator on the alternator.

Does this sound right? Just double checking before i out together a separate little loom from that 4pin plug near the starter

Thanks in advance

Kyle

0 0 0

7. Re: Air Con Wiring Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    My recollection from looking previously is that they do go to the alternator.
    ======

1 0 0