1. Red face Passat 2006 2.0 sport glow plugs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys and girls, Im new to the page but would love some advice. I had a emission code come up on 2 Glow plugs so I replaced them, after a couple of days the emission light came on again with the below codes, so I had a little rummage around on the net and found it could be the glow plug controller under the battery so I changed that, all good for 3 days then the following codes, I have now read in some places that Bosch GP's shouldn't be used so I pulled the rocker cover this morning and low and behold I have replaced the old ones with Bosh ones which I believe are 4.4v where as NGK are 7v thus not the right ones.

My question is what damage have I done and what shall I don now/ I have ordered the correct GP's now but will I have to replace anything else?

Appreciate any advice or abuse for being a numpty and ordering the wrong ones

Stuart

P0671 Cylinder 1 glow plug circuit/open
    P0672 Cylinder 2 glow plug circuit/open
    P0673 Cylinder 3 glow plug circuit/open
    P0674 Cylinder 4 glow plug circuit/open

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat 2006 2.0 sport glow plugs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Could you post the part numbers of the ones that came out and the ones you fitted plus private message me your REG number.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat 2006 2.0 sport glow plugs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, I will remove one of the bosch ones tomorrow as I have put them back in, I have ordered NGK CZ304 today

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat 2006 2.0 sport glow plugs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The VAG part number of the plug you need is N 105 798 05 and this is an NGK CZ304 as you have ordered, personally I like Beru glow plugs, their CGP003 in this case as I find them reliable and at a reasonable cost. According to the trade data base Tec Doc, Bosch do not list this glow plug.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat 2006 2.0 sport glow plugs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks thats reassuring! Annoyingly I went into euro car parts and they told me the bosch ones were the correct ones, Ive been driving with them for about 5 months with the emission light as only got around to looking into it

0 0 0

6. Re: Passat 2006 2.0 sport glow plugs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    ECP use a solely REG based look up system which can often be inaccurate, I use the REG to get the VIN and then a direct look up system based on the VIN details which is much more accurate ALTHOUGH it is called “FI Suggestion” for a good reason; it isn’t perfect.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0