Notices

User Tag List

Thread: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    For what it's worth in case anyone else is reading this with the same problem, I today took off the TBA and the 2 little holes (EGR inlet port I think) were completely blocked. So I unblocked them, put it back on and hey presto the engine warning light has turned off. Fingers crossed that's all the problem was.

1 1 0

2. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Did you take any pictures?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Not many but here's a couple - apologies in advance for my lack of engine vocab - I don't know much about cars! The first photo shows where the part is (bottom right - silver section). 3 screw to separate it on the left, 2 more screws to separate the ERG inlet (top left), 3 screws to separate it on the right and finally one on top in the middle. Bit fiddly but comes out pretty easily once everything unscrewed.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-03 at 16.51.15.jpg

Then the photo below shows the part out and rotated 180 degrees on its axis. Just on the inside of the right side you'll find 2 small holes which go down into the EGR inlet pipe (sorry but don't have a photo looking inside). In my case you'd almost miss them as they were so full of black gunk. Took a while to scrap them out using the end of a coat hanger. After about 15 minutes the 2 holes were nice and clear all the way to the end. The main chamber of the part was surprisingly clear. Seems the gunk accumulates in the 2 little holes inside it and block up fairly easily.

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 18.22.50.jpg

Putting the piece back was the reverse of removing it - just be careful not to lose the screws as some of them are quite tricky to get to. I stuffed (temporarily!) some kitchen role down below the holes for the screws to catch anything I might drop - worked pretty well as a safety net!

1 1 0

4. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    In case anyone following this, a quick update. After a couple of days of no engine light, it came back on. I'm convinced it's the EGR valve that needs cleaning. However I spent most of today trying and failing to get it off. How Audi designed that so badly I'll never know. Simply couldn't get enough access to the left hand screw to open it - removed loads of parts etc but still no joy. So I give up. Refuse to go to the Audi garage and pay extortionate amounts to get it fixed. So will drive it with the engine light on until it becomes a problem. Very frustrating.

0 0 0

5. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    The Egr is a nightmare to get out. I had to destroy mine to get her out. Lots of carb cleaner did help
    I did have a replacement waiting to go in. Trust me it will come out, but patience and lots of wiggling. I posted some pictures of mine when i did it. Found an oem egr on ebay new £40 delivered.

0 0 0

6. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrogary View Post
    The Egr is a nightmare to get out. I had to destroy mine to get her out. Lots of carb cleaner did help
    I did have a replacement waiting to go in. Trust me it will come out, but patience and lots of wiggling. I posted some pictures of mine when i did it. Found an oem egr on ebay new £40 delivered.
    I just can't get anything on to/into the left screw to get it out. Even tried making tools specifically for the space but still can't get it. So frustrating!

0 0 0

7. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

0 0 0

8. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Not sure if this helps. I know what you mean about access.

After getting the mulgrips on the center of the egr i kept wiggling and pulling gently, using lots of carb cleaner and wd40.

Eventually there was some movement. Then hay presto it popped out. Mine had 110k on it.

I would not attempt this without an oem replacement to hand. Think mine was a wahler but not 100% sure. Refitting as you can imagine was a 10 minute job.

0 0 0

9. Re: P2108 Error Code - Dirty Throttle Body Adapter? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Whaler is an OEM as are Valeo, VDO Pierburg and others.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12