1. Coolant loss but no leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I am looking at a neighbours Golf Mk7 2013 diesel engine CRBC. The complaint was that there was a low coolant warning light and and after seeing that the filler tank was empty, he topped it up with Prestone antifreeze. Not G13++. (According to Prestones website, its ok). Anyhow, the engine did not overheat when the warning light came on, but the heater is now blowing warm and cold air, so I guess that's just air in the system.

I have carried out a pressure test 3 times, 1 Bar, and and pressure drops to zero in about 1 hour, I have looked everywhere and just can find a leak. I expect the coolant is going somewhere internal but cant think what to look at first.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

2. Re: Coolant loss but no leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shabazmo View Post
    I am looking at a neighbours Golf Mk7 2013 diesel engine CRBC. The complaint was that there was a low coolant warning light and and after seeing that the filler tank was empty, he topped it up with Prestone antifreeze. Not G13++. (According to Prestones website, its ok). Anyhow, the engine did not overheat when the warning light came on, but the heater is now blowing warm and cold air, so I guess that's just air in the system.

I have carried out a pressure test 3 times, 1 Bar, and and pressure drops to zero in about 1 hour, I have looked everywhere and just can find a leak. I expect the coolant is going somewhere internal but cant think what to look at first.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    I have read elsewhere on other VAG forums that some have found unexplained water loss to be due to a leak around the water pump, but the heat of the engine leads to the water evaporating away so no sign obvious sign of a leak.

0 0 0

3. Re: Coolant loss but no leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Thanks John. I carried up the pressure test when cold and paid particular attention to the water pump,area but no sign of water. It has been a few days since I last saw the car so am waiting for further feedback on the water level.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0