1. VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have a 2016 Touran, Europe modell. I had an issue half a year ago, that the tailgate lock did not open, only for a couple of attempts on pressing the button on the key. They repaired as a warranty repair, and it was working fine for a while, but now it's acting up again.
    Issues:
    • Even if the car has been opened, e.g. the car stopped and all the doors are open, you cannot open the trunk
    • Using the car open button (the one that opens all the locks) doesn't work at all.
    • You have to keep pressing the trunk lock button for couple of seconds until it clicks and you can open the door
    • And even then sometimes it just opens "halfway" and you cannot fully open the tailgate
    • Once you shut the tailgate, it locks and you have to do the trick with the tailgate button again to get it opened

The car is not under warranty anymore, so I bought a new tailgate lock assembly and replaced the existing one.
    The issue is still the same.

Using a Bluetooth ODB2 scanner and a free iOS app Car Scanner, the only trouble code that the system gave was:
    09. Onboard supply control unit (this the term that the app used)
    I could not find anything on the internet for this, I'm not even sure if this is a real error code or not...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi @bbence84,

Have you somehow solved this problem? I have a similar situation

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throb View Post
    Hi @bbence84,

Have you somehow solved this problem? I have a similar situation
    How similar? Do you have a fault code scan?
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @VAG-Abound,
    I didn't take a screenshot, but the error code (203016) and boot latch symptoms are similar to topicstarter.

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Looking elsewhere that code means problems with the boot release switch in the handle. Is that the problem you have: the car is unlocked but you can't release the boot by clicking the button in the "handle"?

There's pictures here of how I fixed a problem with ours, although I didn't scan it to see what code was showing (if any): Touran: Tailgate won't open from remote, also rear wiper and spray won't work
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you @VAG-Abound, but my Touran is on MQB platform so the boot release has different design/scheme.
    And yes, my problem is with the boot release switch in the handle and about 6 months I have to open the boot using middle button on keys.

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    It is a similar problem then I think.

The actual boot release is always from the central control unit. If the remote button can release the boot then it means the actual lock mechanism works.

if the boot physical switch doesn't work then it means the central control unit is not detecting the switch being pressed. That's usually because either the switch is stuck (so it never moves to create an on / off) or the wiring / switch is electrically broken.

Do you feel a soft click when you try to open the boot? if not then it may be stuck inwards.
    ======

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Touran 2016 tailgate / boot lock issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Solved by replacing button (code 3V0827566) with a new one. And yes, @VAG-Abound, a new button has this soft click, the old - no. Thanks

0 0 0