Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

This is my first problem encounter with HVAC problem and I will really appreciate your help here.

1:> Very short history for a background
    Everything started with error codes

00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
    002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

And ended up with 2 AC pipes been changed

2:> Then another problem manifested itself >> Basic settings not performed.
    a) Here my own garage is asking about 20 hours of labor to take dash board totally out in order to access unit itself
    b) Tomorrow (11AUG20) going to official Audi Reading to perform diagnostics, while I have my own reservations after short discussion with them on Fri/07AUG2020

3:> Activity in question
    Performing basic settings adaptation and operation is failing. Have a video captured during adaptation, but my efforts to upload it failed, so will go with transcript:
    a) Basic settings adaptation started (On/OFF/Next)
    b) Flaps started to move and make noise (step_1.jpg)
    c) 00:49.33 sec >> learn/adap switched to <0.00V> <Not Occup.> <0.0%> and <11.70V> (step_2.jpg)
    d) 00:49.50 sec >> switched to <Aborted> <N/A> <N/A> <11.70V> (step_3.jpg)
    e) 00:49.63 sec >> Switched to <N/A> <N/A> <N/A> <N/A> (step_4)

4:> Questions
    a) Are those basic settings importable ? Assuming I have them as binary file, can it be uploaded to controller using VCDS or been manually populated ?
    b) Any way (using VCDS) to disable 'perform basic settings adaptation' routing been show_stopper for A/C compressor to work properly ?
    c) Any means to 'reset' OR 'reboot' controller and force it back to normal ? Some suggest to disconnect battery and wait for 10 mins ?

5:> The Bottom line
    In the most AirCon requiring time of the year, it is quite annoying to not have A/C working and I will appreciate any shape or form of Your help to get this fixed. Any technical operation(s) and/or any capable person/garage whom/which You think is the best stop-over, let me know ???

Many thanks in advance, stay safe,
    Guray
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

0 0 0

2. Re: HVAC Adaptation failed >> 01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I feel the same way - I have 2 cars and neither have working AC right now and it's >30C where I am (France). Sounds like my Audi has similar problems to yours so I can share some experience:

1. I had a recharge done and garage found the Basic settings not performed error so no AC
    2. VCDS scan revealed the same 'mechanical failure' for the actuators (the Vxxx numbers).

Based on my research and this may be not the news you want to hear but Basic settings cannot be performed while one of the actuators shows a failure fault code and needs to be replaced. You have 3 x actuators not operational. On a RHD car all three (V107, 111, 300) are mounted on a plate fixed to the right side of the center vents. Audi Elsawin manual recommends that 'despite the additional work involved...take out the dash panel'. It might be possible to do this with dash in situ - remove parking brake then access 2 retaining screws but room is very tight,

Having done this myself - involves VCDS for service position, removing airbag, steering wheel, centre console, instruments, dash etc - I am not so surprised the garage wants 20hours. It is very involved but also feasible for a competent diyer, with basically one torx 20 screwdriver and a few trim removers. I ended up replacing several actuators and testing as I went (seems the motor/worm screw is the weak link here)- this is definitely a job I am not in a hurry to repeat. As soon as you have working actuators fitted you can run basic settings. A trick I saw online for one of the more accessible actuators is to just connect a loose working good one and then run settings.

So my Basic settings and motors are now all ok, just got to find my AC leak (second evaporator/expansion valve is likely culprit for me).

Good luck!

0 0 0

3. Re: HVAC Adaptation failed >> 01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot CJay for Your reply, it is like getting a reply for message from Arecibo, knowing I'm not alone in universe. Was prepping myself to tackle this, but later reached some step_by_step explanations done by few Russian guys and decided to not perform it myself, as I will certainly mess with something( or was afraid for short). Looking to effort and prices associated, Official AUDI beats all whom are/was willing to do it. They asked 2700 GBP just reach conclusion of what is wrong, while I've showed hem how an average driver with VCDS in hands and little search over internet can reach same. Thankfully, we passed hot season, down here in Reading, so it so no such pressure to fix it, but still... I have written to German AUDI HQ as well, asking them a way to 'override' basic settings, as in my case, AriCon system is operational, but ECU sends shutdown to AC controller because of flaps positions unknown. It would be good escape for me during Christmas vacation to crack open this controller(buying another), to see what else is supported by ODBII protocol and/or rewrite its EEPROM.

Thanks again, Your heads-up is highly appreciated,
    Guray

0 0 0

4. Re: HVAC Adaptation failed >> 01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I understand your HVAC issue is from a few years back, but it's worth revisiting:
    You took the right steps in addressing the high-pressure sensor error and changing the AC pipes.
    Dealing with basic settings can be complex, even after a few years. Audi Reading's diagnostics could provide fresh insights.
    Your detailed adaptation process description is still relevant. Reach out to professionals based on your observations.
    Although the thread is old, revisiting it might help. For more insights, check Audi HVAC forums. Visit musiccityappliance.services for additional resources.
    Good luck with your HVAC troubleshooting, even if it's been a few years!
    Last edited by KabirSimmons; 09-09-2023 at 01:10 AM.

0 0 0