1. Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    So I've had he S6 a month and absolutely loving it. went to South Wales for a week and came home yesterday, while in deepest darkest wales the oil warning low came on dash... not impressed as its not leaking oil (garage floor bone dry) and not smoking, so must have been low on oil when I picked up from independent dealer. Something I would expect to have been checked.
    Anyhow, pulled into a service station and best oil they had was Mobil Super 2000 10w-40, which is 505 so within spec I believe, but is semi synthetic. put in 3/4 litre and light went out, and shows half way between min and max on gauge, but now have dilemma... I believe it should be Castrol Edge 5w-30 long life so question is, do I have it drained and refilled with Castrol Edge or just make sure I Have some in car for future top ups.
    Am I worrying about nothing????
    S6 Black Edition 2017 - C7.5 | Tornado Grey | Full Black Leather Interior

Only a fool knows everything, a wise man knows how little he knows

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I think, the manual should tell you thhat mixing the oils like you have should not have any adverse effect/affect on the engine.
    especially for just .75l

I would buy some correct oil and leave it in the spear wheel well. You might find you have some in there already.... (d’oh!)
    Also, you won’t see much on your garage floor as the car has an under engine tray/skid pan.

What does the MMI say about when it is due the next service/oil change? Also, did the garage do a service on it before you picked it up? Maybe they didn’t put in enough to allow for circulation etc....?

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Cheers I thought it may be me just worrying too much!... The next oil change is 3200 miles and inspection service 5400 miles so at current level pandemic motoring... next year!!
    The report I was given with car was an independent garage check says oil level checked ok. but that was Feb and I bought in July, its had all its specified services for a 32000 mile car,
    I'll just keep some correct oil in car as you say and monitor oil usage...looked in wheel well, no oil unfortunately.
    Last service was Audi November 2019 at 30000 miles so it did virtually no miles from then until July!

0 0 0

4. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    This is something that keeps being reported lately. The move to no dip stick is not a good one, there is no way of knowing what the true oil level is. It would appear that some workshops have a habit of not putting the correct volume of oil in. They know the correct amount the engine requires including the filter, but it would appear that some don’t add the extra, just what came out assuming the MMI shows full to start with, it’s only a small amount, but, if they save say 250ml on every car then that soon adds up considering the cost of the oil. My last service I drove off, suspecting this situation as had been reading about it at the time, checked the MMI and Oh one segment down from full. Went straight back and complained, they came out with a 1 litre jug of oil and put in about 150ml and it then showed max. When I questioned why the correct amount was not put in they said it’s not an exact amount but as the MMI showed between min and max then that’s OK ???
    Needless to say they don’t get my custom now.
    I think the supplier should have made sure that something like the oil level was correct and recorded the fact in a pre delivery check list, especially for a performance car such as an S6. It depends on how you feel and how long you have had the car, I would be tempted to let them know what has happened and see what they say and weather they would be able to do an oil change as a curtesy, and also to give you a known starting point to see if it actually is using oil or was just low to start with.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Good idea on courtesy oil change, I will ask them. I think I will get that same reply, it was between min and max so was ok!
    I'm going to either use Audi for service or find a good Independent in Manchester area as I want to be able to trust whoever is working on the car.

0 0 0

6. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    An oil change and filter it's about £79 at kwik fit and they're using Fuchs 5w40 synthetic. I would do that for peace of mind

0 0 0

7. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnro79 View Post
    An oil change and filter it's about £79 at kwik fit and they're using Fuchs 5w40 synthetic. I would do that for peace of mind

That would depend on what manufacturer specs it carries as the VAG staple diet 30 grade is already very up there high quality universal .

Mobil Super 2000 10W40 semi synthetic has ancient poorly preforming specs 501.00 505.00 that will be well behind 504.00 .

0 0 0

8. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    507.00 Spec 5w 30 spec. Castrol Edge, Fuchs, etc. Always use a genuine oil filter
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

9. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Only use a genuine oil filter if only under manufacturer warranty .

0 0 0

10. Re: Oil! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnro79 View Post
    That will do wonders for the value of the service history and I am not aware Kwik Fit can enter the digital service system... on cars with this it is critical you use a company with access or the service history will be worthless.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast