Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all I used a bit of gas that I had to see if there’s any leaks

On vagcom the ref ridge pressure is 2 bar when cold and then goes to about 6 bar when turned on.

The compressor shows it’s working but the fan speed only shows 10 percent and the car doesn’t get cold

The low refrigerate code has gone but no air con

I have tested the high speed fan and that does work

The air con pipe shows in the green on an ez chill trigger but goes to about 10 psi when running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Air con learnings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The fan duty is variable according to gas pressure so get it filled to the correct weight.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Air con learnings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks I only put some gas in to see if I have any other leaks before spending 60 quid

If I recheck in a week and it’s around 2 bar I’ll get it done I know they do a pressure test anyway

I do get some hissing through the vents with the air con on but I did read this May just be low pressure in the pipes that plausable

0 0 0

4. Re: Air con learnings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monty9120 View Post
    Thanks I only put some gas in to see if I have any other leaks before spending 60 quid
    From the health and safety executive web site

“Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, the deliberate release of refrigerant into the atmosphere is illegal.“

i.e. a criminal offence...

https://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg349.pdf
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Air con learnings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Bloody hell how many people get there air con refilled and it lasts a few weeks

I’ve had a full pressure test done before and the gas hasn’t lasted lol so is that my fault or the garage because they couldn’t tell me what was wrong

0 0 0

6. Re: Air con learnings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I think if anyone got into trouble over it the exact interpretation of “deliberate” would be key.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12