1. replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi ive had some issues with the Fob not working on my B7 S4, ive tried numerous link/sync methods but to not avail
    it just doesn't want to re-connect

ive asked, but not sure if its just a transponder/chip issues as the car starts and runs off the key with no issues?
    if the transponder chip was duff then surely the car would not start?

there seems to be nothing wrong/broke on the circuit board on inspection,

so i think the only option is to get a new Fob or possibly just replace the transponder chip?

obviously im looking on saving money so cant afford an OE Fob or dealer re-programmeing, so need some help with this
    most of the US guys have used the Ebay copy replacements and had no issues anyone on here done the same
    if so a link on what to actually get would be ideal, or possibly replace the transponder chip first?

id be very greatfull for any advise as its getting to me having to use the key to open then car

0 0 0

2. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you mean the keyless entry buttons don't work? That's a separate issue from the transponder chip in the key. I tested with my B7 when getting a remote starter installed. Removed the transponder chip from the key and tried starting the car-it cranks and starts but then immediately shuts off.

I think there may be a problem with your keyless entry module in the car or the board in your fob. I have one spare key that starts the car with no issues (so the transponder chip is fine) but the keyless buttons won't connect no matter what I do. So I just keep it as a backup spare key.

So I'd start with a new key

I hope this helps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To add to this, you could look up a local key cutter that programs keys. They'll cut and program the key with your car onsite. Then you can confirm before leaving that the keyless works on your new key. I was quoted $150CAD for a new flip key cut and programmed at my local guy

0 0 0

4. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    No its not a keyless entry issue, its just the fob no longer functions

as mentioned ive inspected inside and all (seems) fine the buttons work and light up the Fob
    but i cant seem to Sync or pair it despite trying numerous methods

0 0 0

5. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's exactly what's happening with my spare key. It lights up but just can't get it to connect to the car. Simply doesn't work no matter what I try.

It's just a bad key.

0 0 0

6. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    you need vcds to pair/sync it with the car

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Remote Control Matching Info
    eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

7. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arman123 View Post
    you need vcds to pair/sync it with the car

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Remote Control Matching Info

is this a 100% certainty? As most can re-sync the Fob with basic key sync methods

even using (used) Fobs, most guys on the US forums just buy Ebay Fobs swap the key over and re-sync using basic sync methods

i cant see why my Fob cant do this, unless of course its (damaged) internally

0 0 0

8. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    When I changed my battery in my fob years ago it lost sync I tried every method that i found online non worked the only thing that’s worked was Vcds if you fob is damaged then I don’t know if it would work are you sure it’s damaged? Can you see damage in the fob internally
    Last edited by arman123; 11-08-2020 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
    eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

9. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    As previously mentioned, ive looked inside and all seems fine

why i think it (may) be broken is just the fact that i cant get the Fob to sync with the car, its not a certainty, just trying to rule out possibilities

0 0 0

10. Re: replacement key Fob 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Check if the oscillator fell off the CB - happened to a key on me once - light still came on the key but car would not recognise it. Discovered it was the oscillator when I used a frequency scanner and it got no reaction to the presses. resoldering it back on fixed the issue!

you can get a key with the same code on Ebay and swap the insides and use VAG com to sync it up.

W.

0 0 0