Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys
    New to the forum
    I’ve bought myself a 2007 b6 Passat estate 2.0tdi with the bkp engine, mainly because of the birth of my daughter two months ago and with the dog needed more space
    It’s a poverty spec car with basic cloth seats etc
    After owning the car a little while And fixing various issues (glow plugs, injector loom) I’m growing to like it more and more so decided to splash out on a leather interior with heated seats in the front and back

Now I’ve bought the climate control panel with the heated seat rockers
    And the heated seat switches for the rears came with the interior, along with all the modules under the seats and all the plugs albeit with the loom chopped 6” along from the plug thanks the the seller having no patience to remove the loom properly

So finally to my question

What needs doing to make these work?

I’ve seen mention of coding (I’ve purchased a laptop with vag com but have no prior experience using it as of yet)

I’m guessing a fuse will need installing as I’ve bought a loom from kuftec rightly or wrongly and in its instructions seems to mention adding one (either the instructions are poorly translated or aren’t designed for someone as auto electronically illiterate as myself)

My old seats are manual with electronic lumbar/seat back, as are my new ones with the addition of being heated

Apologies if there’s already a thread with all the info but I’ve searched and not found any how to’s or anything of that sort other than someone fitting an aftermarket kit

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers
    Tom

0 0 0

2. Re: Heated seats retrofit help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    This thread may help: Question Heated seat issue.

Main things I recall that will help get things right are understanding whether you have one controller that feeds both seats, or one on each seat, and that the Kufatec loom can easily be installed wrong way around as instructions say "driver side" when they mean left.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Heated seats retrofit help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the response
    I’ll stick that on the list of things to look out for
    Cheers