Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Morning all.

Had 4 new tyres last year, all now showing 5.7mm of tread. Unfortunately one has been damaged and can be repaired (side wall). Any official Audi guidance on replacing one tyre vs the pair on the same axle?

0 0 0

2. Re: Replacing single damaged tyre 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    They'll tell you to replace the axle pair, but as long as you have suitable tyres on each wheel there should be no ill commercial / insurance effects of replacung just one. I follow the schhol of though of always putting new tires on the rear so that it has a better chance of staying behind you on a surface that is slippery.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Replacing single damaged tyre 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    They've actually advised to only replace one. However it was the Audi service centre who damaged the tyre in the first place, so they are paying for the replacement tyre!

I was arguing I should get two, as if it had been the other way round (I'd come in with a puncture) you know they'd have tried to sell me two.

Apparently there's a 3.5mm tolerance between any two tyres... So only getting the one replaced

0 0 0

4. Re: Replacing single damaged tyre 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elrao View Post
    They've actually advised to only replace one. However it was the Audi service centre who damaged the tyre in the first place, so they are paying for the replacement tyre!

I was arguing I should get two, as if it had been the other way round (I'd come in with a puncture) you know they'd have tried to sell me two.

Apparently there's a 3.5mm tolerance between any two tyres... So only getting the one replaced
    I was going to comment that I’ve been told in the past the tolerance was 2-3mm between axle tyre and between L/R side.

So would in that circumstance be the one as they’ve done.

0 0 0

5. Re: Replacing single damaged tyre 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just my two cents, but wouldn't it be much better to purchase a whole set rather than to just replace a single tire?
    Last edited by AndyKerns; 23-02-2021 at 10:17 PM.

0 0 0

6. Re: Replacing single damaged tyre 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    I was going to comment that I’ve been told in the past the tolerance was 2-3mm between axle tyre and between L/R side.

So would in that circumstance be the one as they’ve done.
    Same I’ve been told this by Audi, Kwik Fit and a couple of others when I first came in to the world of Quattro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0