Hi All,

First of all wanted to say I really like this forum!

So I have a bit of a weird issue with my VW Jetta 2009 2.0 TDI 16v CBD 120k miles.
I've had it about a year and a half now, without any major issues.

About 6 months ago, I suddenly had the "Engine Oil pressure Off" warning with alarm when I drove off from home (engine cold).
As I was a bit scared, I immediately took it to a garage which was luckily only half a mile away.
Once there, they suggested the oil pump had broken so they replaced it.

Since then, I've driven around 7-8k miles and everything was fine (great mileage, very little oil usage)
Two weeks ago though, the "Engine Oil pressure Off" alarm came back (after 5min of driving).
Scared again, I immediately had my car towed back home.
The next day, quite curious, I went for a testdrive and all was fine again.
I then drove at least another 800 miles without any issues.

Then yesterday, the message came back but this time it happened more frequently; drive for 10min, alarm again, cool down car, drives fine again for a few minutes, alarm again.
I suspected the Oil pressure sensor might be glitchy, so I went ahead and replaced it.
Sadly though, the "Oil pressure Off" alarm is still around.

I was wondering if someone might know what the problem here is.
The car is due a service in about 1k miles, but I didn't think initially that would be the problem.
I`m also aware you need at least 1500-2000RPM to get the alarm, so with all the drives I made sure to go over that limit.

I also believe this car doesn't have the dreaded balance shaft oil pump, so that shouldn't be the issue as well.
In terms of oil, I use 5W30 as per the book, perhaps a thicker oil would help?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
T