1. Anybody with rear camera and reversing/front sensors on 2008 Q7 Sline 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Just recently retrofitted a genuine camera in my Q7 so not sure if this is correct. the wife nudged a car in the car park the other day thinking she was alright as the front sensors didn't come on.. no damage thank god.

1. If I'm in reverse the sensor switch light comes on and i can go back and forward to maneuver with the sensors.

2. As soon as i drive off the light goes off and if i come to a hazard in front of me, say going front end in a car park, i have to manually switch the sensors on? unless i go into reverse again! and then it switches on automatically.

3. Surely the sensors should come on automatically when you get close to a hazard in front.

4.Have also set the parking system in the MMI to automatic, reset the MMI and still the same,have also tried putting it to off reset and back on again and still the same.

So Q7 guys out there (if any) can you let me know?? if this has to be done manually or should it be automatic, I have a transit for work and i have to physically switch off the sensors if i don't need them (something i would never do). so it a bit strange i have to switch them on on my all bells and whistles super dooper Q7??; SEE ATTACHED PIC thankS
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: Anybody with rear camera and reversing/front sensors on 2008 Q7 Sline 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs1 View Post
    Hi Just recently retrofitted a genuine camera in my Q7 so not sure if this is correct. the wife nudged a car in the car park the other day thinking she was alright as the front sensors didn't come on.. no damage thank god.

1. If I'm in reverse the sensor switch light comes on and i can go back and forward to maneuver with the sensors.

2. As soon as i drive off the light goes off and if i come to a hazard in front of me, say going front end in a car park, i have to manually switch the sensors on? unless i go into reverse again! and then it switches on automatically.

3. Surely the sensors should come on automatically when you get close to a hazard in front.

4.Have also set the parking system in the MMI to automatic, reset the MMI and still the same,have also tried putting it to off reset and back on again and still the same.

So Q7 guys out there (if any) can you let me know?? if this has to be done manually or should it be automatic, I have a transit for work and i have to physically switch off the sensors if i don't need them (something i would never do). so it a bit strange i have to switch them on on my all bells and whistles super dooper Q7??; SEE ATTACHED PIC thankS

Hi,

If it works the same way as my A6s did, then no - the front sensors do not trigger automatically. You need to press the button or engage reverse to switch them on.

Things work differently on my Q5, but it's a much newer model...

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: Anybody with rear camera and reversing/front sensors on 2008 Q7 Sline 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi thanks for that glad it wasnt anything i had done or not done on the retrofitting also check this out-

Just found this American TSB and it explains why I cant use the rear camera if say im sitting and looking at the sat nav, radio,media or the phone on the MMI if i then put it in reverse it doesn't work see below- weird Audi..... oh and it doesnt work if you put it back into reverse the second time it only works if you hit the parking aid button on my 4L Q7.

Technical Service Bulletin
    Page 1 of 2
    © 2012 Audi of America, Inc.
    96 Rearview Camera shows no image – Sporadic
    96 12 34 2029563/1 May 29, 2012.
    Model(s)
    Year
    VIN Range
    Vehicle-Specific Equipment
    R8
    2008 – 2013
    All
    Not Applicable
    D3 A8
    2008 – 2010
    C6 A6
    2009 – 2011
    C7 A6/A7
    2011 – 2013
    D4 A8
    2010 – 2013
    Audi Q7
    2008 – 2013
    B8 A4
    2009 – 2013
    A5
    2008 – 2013
    Audi Q5
    2009 – 2013
    A5 Cabriolet
    2008 – 2013
    Condition
    The picture of the rearview camera sporadically does not appear when selecting reverse gear. No fault memory entry is logged. The acoustic park aid is active (The LED in the park aid button is lit up) and the option to show the rearview camera is correctly selected in the MMI CAR menu.
    Technical Background
    1. This condition can be created by the customer unintentionally.
    The picture of the rearview camera image was deactivated by accidentally hitting of the MMI buttons for radio, phone, media, or navigation system.
    If this occurs for A4, A5, A5 Cabriolet, Audi Q5, C6 A6, and Audi Q7, the rearview camera image can be reactivated by selecting the reverse gear a second time or by one of the following methods.
    • Press the parking aid button twice (1st operation >> park aid is deactivated, 2nd operation >> park aid is activated)
    • Ignition cycle
    • Exceed 6 mph (10 km/h) (parking aid is deactivated) and then select the reverse gear (parking aid is activated).
    2. External influences
    • An incoming phone call has a higher priority than the picture of the rearview camera and thus will override the image in the MMI.
    SB-10044397-4672

0 0 0