1. S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Well today was the day I have been waiting for, for 4 yrs... back behind the wheel of an Audi S but this time an S6 I traded my current Q5 which was a great car but completely different to a high power saloon.
    I collected the car this afternoon and boy what a fun drive over Woodhead pass, no stupid driving just a couple of sensible .. if loud overtakes in the uphill dual carriageway sections, I was grinning from ear to ear. The car is smooth / comfortable and when needed loud and proud! As with all Audi's the build quality is sublime, i love the quilted leather seats, mega comfortable.

Now we can visit family will be going to see the in-laws tomorrow, so a little motorway trip to enjoy

I'm looking forward to the coming months and getting to know the S6, will post my thoughts as I go if anyone is interested.

Cheers

John
    S6 Black Edition 2017 - C7.5 | Tornado Grey | Full Black Leather Interior

Only a fool knows everything, a wise man knows how little he knows

0 3 0

2. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    S6 Diesel? Thats next on my list after my BiTDi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

3. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Dean,

Not diesel...4.0 litre V8 Twin Turbo petrol

0 1 0

4. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Oh it’s the fuel economy puts me off them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

5. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    You're right... if I was worried about fuel economy more than the grin factor... would have gone hybrid or Teslar route, I see this as my last chance for a V8 Petrol before they become extinct.

Had a pleasant trip to Preston & back yesterday, the missus nearly wet herself first time I floored it in sport... she no likey V8 music

1 2 0

6. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I've had mine a year now, great car! When you're on the motorway runs and not hammering it, you'll easily get over 30mpg in comfort mode, which isn't bad considering. Not quite the 45mpg+ I used to get in my previous A6 Black Edition TDI, but like you say, you're not buying it for the fuel economy....

0 1 0

7. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Dream car for me, makes me smile every time I get I it just spent an hour cleaning, will wait for some better weather to get the polish outIMG-2459.jpgIMG-2462.jpg

0 1 0

8. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Nice. Nice wheels too. Are they 20's? Mine has 19's, which are slightly more comfortable but prefer the look of the 20" rotors I had on the A6 Black Edition. Cleaned mine up yesterday but this pic was taken a while back...too dark for a decent pic now!

Car_S6_Ink_July2019.jpg

0 0 0

9. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes 20" twin spoke matt titanium look I think they set the car off well. Glad to hear from another S6 owner... seems to be a small group Yours is a nice colour as well .. think my wheels would look good on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey79 View Post
    Nice. Nice wheels too. Are they 20's? Mine has 19's, which are slightly more comfortable but prefer the look of the 20" rotors I had on the A6 Black Edition. Cleaned mine up yesterday but this pic was taken a while back...too dark for a decent pic now!

Car_S6_Ink_July2019.jpg

0 0 0

10. Re: S6 First day of ownership 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS4 View Post
    Yes 20" twin spoke matt titanium look I think they set the car off well. Glad to hear from another S6 owner... seems to be a small group Yours is a nice colour as well .. think my wheels would look good on it.

It's a pretty small group, that's for sure!!

You're right, they're really nice wheels. And the black edition package with the black surround on the windows is a nicer finish than the chrome on mine but hey, I can live with it! I've only seen one other C7 on the road since I've had mine....quite a few S3's, S4's and S5's but none of these. I love the fact it's a proper sleeper of car, serious power under the bonnet but I've still not used the proper launch control on it - just looking for the right road where I won't get reported for being "anti-social"!!

One thing to be aware of - the brakes are huge and don't come cheap. Mine had squeaky front brakes for about 6 months after I bought it, then the sensor came on. Tried to source something aftermarket (Brembos or also looked at ZTE) but couldn't find the right part number and was too much of a gamble for the money. My neighbour's an ex VAG master tech and sorted it for me. Used his contacts at Audi and got OEM parts and they still came in at about £780 for front discs and pads after discount. He fitted them for me so paid £just over £900 all in.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast