Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have recently bought a 2009 Passat Estate, and I decided to have a VW RNS_510 model screen fitted as I wanted this to replace the radio. The SatNav works perfectly, radio is spot on but there is currently no Bluetooth facility.

I've been told that if I were to purchase a 'Bluetooth Module 9W2 1K8 035 730 D with Cable Fit VW RNS510 Golf Mk6 Jetta' this would resolve the issue and I would be able to connect my phone to the screen via Bluetooth. Currently I connect my phone to an AUX input which allows me to play my music, nothing else. I want to be able to use the screen so I can answer / make calls from the screen and play, next, pause music without having to do it manually on my phone which currently connects via an AUX.

So my question is, would buying and fitting the module allow me to have these functions as I would rather have the security of knowing it would do what I want before spending nearly £100 on this.

Thanks in advance.
    Connor

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluetooth module - 2009 VW Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    See my recent post to someone else asking similar: https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ng-Please-help!. Not sure the 9W2 will give you what you want for music and phone calls. I'd have to reread my notes.

There was a change to dashboard information display technology that affects the level of interoperability. Do you have red or white dot display of doors open graphics, etc?

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluetooth module - 2009 VW Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    See here: BlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only) -

9W2 had music streaming but no phone book function on the sat nav/MFD.
    9W3 had phone book but no music streaming
    9W7 has both features

Which is what I remember and hence got 9W7 (designed for white dot display) even though I have red dot. I don't get full MFSW / sash integration everything works for RNS510.

0 0 0

4. Re: Bluetooth module - 2009 VW Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate,

Great stuff thank you. I will have a look at the BT questions. Where would you be able to get a 9W7 for a decent price?

Connor

0 0 0

5. Re: Bluetooth module - 2009 VW Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Well I actually got part 7P6035730J which the list on Ross Tech calls a 9ZB, which AIUI is the EU PR code for telephone preparation rather than US: Telephone Retrofitting - Ross-Tech Wiki

There are several on eBay, so that's a reasonable guide to price I think. Then as separate purchase I got the loom to connect RNS510 to that module under passenger seat including microphone to go in roof light unit.

0 0 0

6. Re: Bluetooth module - 2009 VW Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info mate. Would this been the right thing to buy ?

VW Bluetooth 7P6035730J Hands Free Car Kit Module Wiring Set /#556 | eBay

Connor

0 0 0

7. Re: Bluetooth module - 2009 VW Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    That looks right. This looks like it has everything as well for a bit less: VW SEAT SKODA BLUETOOTH MODULE INTERFACE KIT HARNESS RNS510 RCD510 7P6035730J | eBay.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

8. Re: Bluetooth module - 2009 VW Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it all!

0 0 0