Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,

This is my 1st post here, so please be gentle.

I noted in March that the air con in my 2008 A4 no longer works as supposed, i.e. it blows warm air only. I assumed that the air con needed recharging, so took it to Kwik Fit and had the air con recharged. That didn't cure it and the mechanic checked for errors. If I remember correctly the error was along the lines of:
    G395 - No Signal

I did a bit of research online and it does make sense and it seems there is a common fault with this sensor. However, a week or so before I noted the air con issue I had front springs replaced. So rather than spending money on new sensor to then find out that the wire was clipped somewhere during the recent repair, I decided to play a bit with the multimeter.

This is what I got. Both ground and positive wires seem to be OK as I get OV and +14V respectively when the engine is running. I checked continuity of the ground wire and seems fine i.e. no resistance between the pin and chassis. So seems all good here.

The signal wire (middle pin) does puzzle me a little though, I get some +10V on that line (with the sensor unplugged). Is this as expected? I could not find this info elsewhere.

If this is correct, then I need to get the sensor and o-ring. I had a quick look online and it seems the sensors can be gotten for as little as 20 quid or as much as 80. Also the workshop manual does seem to differentiate between sensors with grey and black tops. The current sensor is the one with grey top, wide flange in the middle and small nut at the bottom. The new sensors (looked for 4H0 959 126 B) have black tops.

So the question is, is this the correct part number? If not what is or how do I find out the correct part no?
    Also, is there any recommended website to buy these sensors. I don't necessarily want to pay £80 if I can get something for £40, but I don't want to take chances with something for £20 not knowing that it is decent stuff.

So any help much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Help with Air Con / G395 sender 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got some time to update my own post and answer my own questions.
    In the end I purchased genuine sensor and o-ring from TPS. If I remember correctly i was sixty odd pounds.
    Swapping the sensor took a couple of minutes and the aircon started working as soon as the engine was started.
    All in all very easy and no special tools were required.
    Below are a couple of photos of the genuine parts:
    sensor1.jpg
    sensor2.jpg
    sensor3.jpg
    Maybe someone finds this useful.

0 1 0

3. Re: Help with Air Con / G395 sender 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I’ve had this issue and the mechanic couldn’t find the fault, gas is fully charged. Where in the engine bay is that sensor? I’ll have a play in the dry weather. Cheers.

0 0 0