1. Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi folks, looking for help. The wife’s beetle passenger door is locked up tight. Got these two faults on a VCDS scan:
    00929 - locking module for central locking front passenger side 27-00 - implausible signal
    00944 - heated exterior mirror passenger side (z5) 35-00 - -
    Are these codes likely to be as a result of damaged wiring in the door harness? Is there any way to get the door open that is less destructive than the recent post where the member smashed the lock inside the door & replaced it with an eBay special from China?
    Any & all help most welcome folks!
    Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Don’t use those eBay locks, they are disastrous. If the door will not open it is an awful sketch to get the panel off (normally damaged) and then to access the bolted on steel inner liner window support so you can attack the lock. We did one a few days ago on a Fabia (almost identical) and it took three hours of continuous hard work to release it.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Don’t use those eBay locks, they are disastrous. If the door will not open it is an awful sketch to get the panel off (normally damaged) and then to access the bolted on steel inner liner window support so you can attack the lock. We did one a few days ago on a Fabia (almost identical) and it took three hours of continuous hard work to release it.
    Thanks for your reply Crasher - your advice is invaluable. I take it this is the only way to get into the door? & the lock has to be smashed to open the door? What about the fault codes? Are they likely to be due to a wiring issue in the door harness, a faulty module or the lock itself? I just need to know where to go with this & the parts I’ll need to get a hold of in order to fix it.

0 0 0

4. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I have just dumped onto my hard drive the 167 pictures I took of the drivers door on a 2003 New Beetle Cabrio I did battle with a few months ago. So the door is dea, nothing on it works such as mirror, lock etc?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, thanks for coming back to this.
    It’s only the lock that won’t open either by the remote fob or the internal chrome handle & the electric mirror is dead too. Everything else works. The tilting lock/unlock button in the passenger door operates the locking in the drivers door but not the passenger door. The electric window button forks in the passenger door. As does the main window controls in the drivers door. When I release the roof lock the windows all drop down slightly as they should. When using the remote fob to unlock the car the passenger window sometimes drops the required distance but mostly stays firmly closed.
    I know this will be a long, time consuming job. I’ve done an A4 window regulator swap before so I’m not too worried about taking things apart. It’s just the potential damage & what needs to be fixed at the end other than fitting a replacement lock.
    Thanks for all help - greatly appreciated.

0 0 0

6. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    If you mean comments on destruction such as this thread and what it links to Please Help Beetle cabriolet passenger door will not open then to clarify based on my experience with our Touran...

If you can get to see the lock unit through the window slot when the window is down there is a hard plastic cover protecting the levers from manipulation with coat hangers, rain, etc. It is that cover that needs smashing with a long, metal object like screwdriver, chunk of rebar, etc and a hammer. Once smashed you should be able to flick the levers and open the door.

If I were you and I'd strip down other, working door to see if you can find a shape of wire, etc that can work without smashing lock cover and apply same to non-working door if you find a way.

If all else failed I'd also use that working door to understand where to drill neat 40-50mm holes in the door skin that align with bolts to release the glass an lift it out. That should give more space in door to work in, and hopefully some reasonably matching hole plugs can be popped in afterwards to minimise appearance of damage.

0 0 0

7. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Firstly, you need to get the door card off. As it is a cabrio I would remove and lift out the seat.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Am I right in thinking the window regulator bolt directly to the grey metal plate & do I have to drop the window slightly & unbolt it before I can remove that grey metal plate in order to get inside the door cavity?
    Just waiting for some dry weather to get going with this job - the joys of a Scottish summer.......

0 0 0

9. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It is a peculiar system even by Golf 4 standards, the other 166 pictures are on my hard drive at work. The motor plate stays where it is, unlike the Golf 4 but the door lock is dangling from the main plate by a flimsy plastic bracket. The large plastic plug top right is one of the widow lifter retainer access ports, the other pictures I would need to upload.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Dtc 00929 & 00944 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It is a peculiar system even by Golf 4 standards, the other 166 pictures are on my hard drive at work. The motor plate stays where it is, unlike the Golf 4 but the door lock is dangling from the main plate by a flimsy plastic bracket. The large plastic plug top right is one of the widow lifter retainer access ports, the other pictures I would need to upload.
    Thanks Crasher. Any help is gratefully received. First dry day this week will see me start stripping things down & poking around. Hopefully I can get some access to the lock & release it without just smashing it. I’m wary of causing extra damage.....

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast