1. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    So what difference have you noticed performance wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

2. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    It’s much quicker!

Puts you back in your seat when accelerating and the over taking prowess is now even more remarkable for a diesel

0 0 0

3. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have the Revo remap. No rolling road to verify before and after. It had a noticeable difference, but I wouldn’t say back of seat difference. Maybe I should have gone MRC. Chose Revo because I had their stage 1, taking 170 to 290 on a Q5 tsi, and the difference for that vehicle was incredible - though still not equal to the bitdi before the Revo remap, but close for everyday driving.

How would you describe yours compared to the RS6, aside from the diesel delay?

A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

4. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    No comparison really. The RS6 WAS “push you to the back of your seat” fast from launch

The BiTDI does feel extremely quick for a diesel but not super car quick like the RS

What impresses me is the acceleration when on the move, it’s just effortless and I expect I’m going much quicker than I realise. A great car for overtaking and just better in every way with the MRC remap

If I was inclined it would be interesting to see how easily some performance cars would pull away from me now.

Not sure if the Aston Martin Vantage that was flashing me an inch from my bumper on the motorway was toying with me but when I let him past he put his foot down but I managed to keep up with him quite easily. Probably didn’t really push it but I was still impressed he wasn’t a speck in the distance

0 0 0

5. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    What mpg do you get now? Mine is booked in for 16th oct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold

0 0 0

6. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dean warren View Post
    What mpg do you get now? Mine is booked in for 16th oct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It’s hard to be exact about the difference, I don’t measure very scientifically. However a typical 12 mile jaunt with the family post the Revo remap was achieving over 40mpg, typically 42mpg. Since the recall it’s typically below, often 38mpg. A typical journey will include a mix of B roads and single A roads. I am not light footed, but neither do I throw the family about, and why I still enjoy the bitdi’s discretion.

I’ve since read they also remap the gearbox. Very hard to comment on the difference, because yes it’s better but I am comparing to before with the remap. Now when I have the remap, with the recall mapped gear box I have no idea how it’ll behave.

A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

7. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I’ve also found this. The additional warranty granted to recalled V6 3.0l in Canada. The original owners also got a decent payout, like in the US. I’ve yet to see any details of that for UK 3.0 owners.

https://www.audi.ca/dam/nemo/ca/NoMo...-A8L_EN-v2.pdf

0 0 0

8. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Audi did the emmissions fix on my car last month, i cant get over 32mpg now was getting easily 40 mpg hoping this gives me some mpg back too lol

1 0 0

9. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    The emissions recall ruined my car, dropping mpg down to low 30's. When it was remapped a week after the audi interference, the power was 270bhp compared to the posted 320bhp. I fully understand how cars will vary from each other BUT it was a noticeably different drive from when I picked it up from Audi. The gearbox mapping was different, it was just not right.
    While the gearbox mapping has not been changed, the car has been remapped to stage 1 and is EVERYTHING the car should be. I sit just shy of 400bhp, it returns just under 40 mpg most of the time. The car will do over 40 mpg now whereas after Audi touched it, 33 mpg was a challenge.
    Whatever the emissions update is, it should be avoided.
    Darren

1 1 0

10. Re: BiTDI booked in for a remap with MCR 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Wow some massive drops. My cars a 63 plate, MY14 so it’s just before the adblue versions and with the posted 313ps. Everything I’ve read talks about the adblue versions, which makes me even wonder if they should’ve carried out the recall on my car.

Never had it dyno’d, so I don’t know how it’s changed.

I’d be tempted to try a different map, to attain closer to 400hp, vs Revos claimed ~360hp... however as I previously paid for the Revo, I understand if the dealer flashes the ECU they will put the map back on.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast