1. Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve seen a few posts relating to delivery of various other models, and I doubt there’s anything specific in that regard to particular models, but does anyone have any insight into the current situation regarding cars seemingly in limbo at Emden?

My Q7 has been sat there for 3 weeks now, and the dealer (Hatfield Audi) reports they have no idea at all when the car will get on a ship.

Was due to take delivery yesterday, but from what I can glean from searches is that even before COVID there were time’s when cars could sit there for up to 6 weeks?

Tracking various RO-RO ships departing Emden for Sheerness but the myAudi tracker always stays at ‘awaiting ship/status 38’

Patience is not my strong point anyone else in the same boat, so to speak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I am with you buddy. My Q7 is sitting in Germany since beginning of June. Ordered 7 February, with initial build last week of March. It entered the factory just when the lockdown began. Was build last week of May and left factory on 1 June. Initially the dealer said I should get it beginning of July, but when called again few days ago, he said its likely to be mid August. Absolutely furious as in the mean time my other vehicles, which I am part exchanging, is devaluing by the minute, due to additional milage and Tear and wear.
    I have called Audi directly and they told me all depends on the dealer. Dealer says its down to Audi. I live near my dealer and have not seen any new vehicles being delivered. My suspicion is that they have most of theirs employees still on furlough, and have minimal staff just to get new orders but not deliveries. Once the initial furlough end in the end of the month we will see them returning to work and commence handovers.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A8_London View Post
    ... in the mean time my other vehicles, which I am part exchanging, is devaluing by the minute...
    Don't they lock the PX price when you do the deal? Otherwise even without COVID they could drop the PX value by (say) £1000 when you went to collect.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

4. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneticduck View Post
    ...does anyone have any insight into the current situation regarding cars seemingly in limbo at Emden?
    I'm sure things a better now in terms of build quality and storage, but...

In the 1970s my dad had a car on order when industrial action was delaying delivery. After seeing pictures on the news of fields full of cars up to their hubs in water near the docks (so plenty of salt around) he managed to cancel it.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

5. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Unfortunately they don't. They give you PX at the time, and will revalue when actually exchanging. Nevertheless I will fight it, as meant to drive my old care for further 3 months only not 6. All excess miles have been accounted in the new vehicle, but not doing on the old one where I have gone over the limit.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So yeah I think it’s all down to the dealers. I got an excellent deal however it appeared at the time to me the dealer was gaming the system ie. they were putting a significant contribution on the table to my upfront payment - to the extent that they put cash in my bank account prior to VWFS taking the first payment after delivery. This all contingent on the car being delivered by end of June. My guess is they are now going to hold these orders back till the end of the current quarter (sept) and hope the Audi incentive they are getting allows them to make the same margin. So far I’m being told the offer I took is still valid but I’m not holding my breath.

My other car (A6) from the same dealer was a similar arrangement except it wasn’t late.

0 0 0

7. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I had an extended 3 month wait for my car. Should have been delivered in March but it was delayed until June. My part ex value did drop but as it was in negative equity in the first deal they actually managed to reduce that gap in the final deal. It all worked out for the better in the end.

0 0 0

8. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    What would infuriate me is the additional cost of road tax due to the increase in road tax. It’s probably at least an extra £700.

0 0 0

9. Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Yes I did have to pay the road tax but the overall deal was adjusted so it didn’t impact me as much as it could of. It did ask for and additions that weren’t originally included. Overall not unhappy.

0 0 0

10. Re: Awaiting ship... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone seen any progress yet?

0 0 0