Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have a 2018 B8 with the Discover Media head unit, that came with App Connect, and for the last 2 years I have successfully been using Android Auto, but now I have tried using an iPhone and I'm unable to set it up.

When plugging in the iPhone, it recognises CarPlay and asks me if I wish to connect, I tap connect, and it then tells me the device can no longer be used for media (same message I got with AA), and then it just disconnects. And every time I unplug/replug it's the same message.

I have tried an iPhone XR and iPhone 11, both exhibit the issue, but strangely trying the phones in an Ateca of the same year they both work without issue, so this leads me to think there is something wrong in the Passat.

Does the head unit or App Connect need updating to support newer phones? Is anybody successfully using an iPhone XR or 11 with their current Discover Media HU?

It's frustrating that it doesn't give any more information on why it is disconnecting!!
    VW Passat Estate 2.0TDi 150 SE Business

0 0 0

2. Re: 2018 B8 CarPlay not working, unable to setup, keeps disconnecting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    To close this one out, it was the USB Controller at fault and was replaced under warranty luckily, as they are not cheap!

My advice to others, make sure that both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay work for you whilst the car is under warranty, as somehow it is possible that one may not work whilst the other one is fine, and you might not necessarily notice until it is too late, and ends up costing to get it fixed.
    VW Passat Estate 2.0TDi 150 SE Business

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. CarPlay for MMI 3G 4G RMC
    By artheb in forum Audi A6 - C7 Forum - 2011- 2018
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 13-02-2023, 10:16 AM
  2. Apple carplay installed on non Audi registered Carplay cars
    By inchshort in forum Q7 - 4M Forum - 2016 -
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2019, 06:44 AM
  3. Replies: 6