Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Console Error messages - probably battery issues?

1. Console Error messages - probably battery issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi,
    When I turn on the ignition on my Q7 I get greeted with 12 different error messages including fault with rear wheel steering, I'm parked on a hill that's too steep (although it's flat), suspension failure and also none of the drive assist features work. It's takes about a minute for it to stop beeping at me.

I'm was coming to the conclusion that the battery is failing, which was kind of confirmed this morning when the engine struggled to turn over, despite me charging the battery a week ago.

I'm booked in with the Audi garage, but if it's the battery they quoted me about £500 to replace!!

The local F1 Autocentre is quoting £131.

That's quite a difference. I'm not sure if F1 will do the coding, which I've read is necessary. I'm also not sure if their battery is any good.

Hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice.

Thanks!
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 0 0

2. Re: Console Error messages - probably battery issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nilli View Post
    The local F1 Autocentre is quoting £131.
    IMHO this price is definitely too cheap for a proper Q7 battery. When I changed my A6's battery several years ago, I figured out two things (in Hungary of course):

- The proper battery with the installation was cheaper(!) in an Audi service, compared to a Bosch car service.
    - Audi gaved thee years warranty against to the two years given from Bosch.

And mostly: The Audi battery worked without any problems, while I always had problems with the Bosch. Probably it's not the exact answer for your question, however it was my experience. By this, the Audi pricing looks huge compared to the other one, but honestly with a usual Q7 pricing this ammont doesn't sounds as an overpriced value to me, if it contains the service costs for the installation and the programming of the new battery. Big money, but for a huge car what else can we expect?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Console Error messages - probably battery issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Audi don't make batteries so why buy from them? they usually fit Varta batteries.

Just replaced my battery.

Was going to replace like for like and this is it:- G14 Varta Start-Stop Plus AGM Car Battery 12V 95Ah (595901085)

But decided to upgrade to the bigger SQ7 battery like this one:- H15 Varta Start-Stop Plus AGM Car Battery 12V 105Ah (605901095)

Fitting was straightforward although fiddly , expect some grazed knuckles!

If you fit standard battery it will be fine until you can get around to getting it coded.

If you upgrade to the 105Ah one it probably needs coding straight away.

When coding you just need the Make, Ah value, Type ( AGM/Fleece ) and serial number.

Then relax and enjoy the £300 you saved!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Console Error messages - probably battery issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice, really appreciated. I've had a quote from an independent garage who'll do the coding as well for £350. Which sounds more realistic as I've now seen that F1 doesn't include installation. But for £150 more it's probably worth getting Audi to do it in case these error messages need addressing (I have an extended warranty). I was initially tempted do what Mazerati's suggesting if it wasn't for these errors and the fact I've got the warranty. Not sure if I get a VAGCOM and VCDS I'd be able to clear these messages, and will probably end up making things worse. Thanks for the feedback, but I think I'm going to wave goodbye to £500...big car, big money!

0 1 0