Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I'm simply wondering about Audi:

To factory retrofit the Carplay/Andoid auto costs less, and you can have far more features. Are they out of their mind? Or do they think, an owner of a Q7 is simply silly or Uncle Scrooge?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Looks like it’s being charged for here now also

Audi Connect now £££££
    Audi Connect now £££££ | Audi-Sport.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ouch - is that £14.50 a month, or a year!?

I got lucky I guess, free renewal last week for a year, apart from Google Maps with is now defunct in my car. I think I am going to 3d print a cradle for my phone and rely upon Android Auto from now on, will cost me less to buy a 3d printer!!!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    A month

And the very unhelpful Customer Support person has basically just told me the only way to renew is through the app, so if you dont have iPhone/Android then you're out of luck

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Oh and the price doesn't appear to include:

Google Earth
    Twitter
    Train Information
    Text messages
    Flight Information

But the big picture on their shop app for Audi Connect License extension shows a picture of VC with Google Earth on it, I feel a complaint letter comming on...

0 1 0

6. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Well, it's that time again for us. Had an email from Audi USA today saying our Audi Connect services had expired. We renewed for another 18 months for another wallet-busting $499. I know it's no longer free for you in the UK, but when Audi UK asks you for £115 to extend for a year, you can at least feel smug that you're getting a better deal than us lot out in the colonies

Keep smiling!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
    Oh and the price doesn't appear to include:

Google Earth
    Twitter
    Train Information
    Text messages
    Flight Information

But the big picture on their shop app for Audi Connect License extension shows a picture of VC with Google Earth on it, I feel a complaint letter comming on...
    For those in the UK, with newer cars are you paying “just” the standard £140 ish a year and get all the above included, or less? In particular does this cover the internet bandwidth embedded SIM costs? I have an MY16 which I have to supply my own SIM at my cost, and I also don’t have access any more to Google Earth or any of the above. So basically I’ve paid that amount for traffic info in standard maps and downloading online destinations etc. I would just use CarPlay but it doesn’t integrate into MMI and VC / HUD of course.

It seems desperately unfair if Audi are charging the same across all MY for a very different services level now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    For those in the UK, with newer cars are you paying “just” the standard £140 ish a year and get all the above included, or less? In particular does this cover the internet bandwidth embedded SIM costs? I have an MY16 which I have to supply my own SIM at my cost, and I also don’t have access any more to Google Earth or any of the above. So basically I’ve paid that amount for traffic info in standard maps and downloading online destinations etc. I would just use CarPlay but it doesn’t integrate into MMI and VC / HUD of course.

It seems desperately unfair if Audi are charging the same across all MY for a very different services level now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think Audi are just doing the classic soft sunset of support for older models. At the end of the day, your £140/year gets you everything above including the satellite map overlay and bandwidth, its just you dont have the hardware to support it...
    At the end of the day, unless I've missed something really great, I dont think anyone in their right mind would pay for this without the maps bit. That is the selling point, people driving 60-90k cars will stump up a crazy amounts for what was probably the major selling feature of the car when they bought it.

0 0 0

9. Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I’m thinking about this device to make CarPlay wireless - yes It still won’t do the maps on VC but I can live with that - I’d really miss the traffic especially if life starts to get back to normal July time and being wireless just makes it so much more simple.

It says it supports Audi 2017-209 but being a 2016 I’m not sure if mine will be or won’t be. Will try and drop them a message.

Access denied

Thinking about it I really need to stop monthly sim connection as that’ll be useless when the licences expire in April.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    I’m thinking about this device to make CarPlay wireless - yes It still won’t do the maps on VC but I can live with that - I’d really miss the traffic especially if life starts to get back to normal July time and being wireless just makes it so much more simple.

It says it supports Audi 2017-209 but being a 2016 I’m not sure if mine will be or won’t be. Will try and drop them a message.

Access denied

Thinking about it I really need to stop monthly sim connection as that’ll be useless when the licences expire in April.

I have a neighbour who bought one of those (hybrid q7 on 16 plate maybe very early 17). It does what it's suppose to but it's no silver bullet for what 16/17 owners have lost. Basically it just saves you having to pull your phone out of your pocket and plug it in. You still have no VC map and no HUD integration for navigation but if you have reconciled yourself to carplay then for less than £100 it's well worth it IMHO to not have to faff around finding your phone.
    Their is one obvious issue/flaw, if you do short journeys you will be fine but if you tend to do couple of hour trips, it might be pointless as this will drain your phone battery to the point on longer journeys you will need to plug it in anyway to charge it...

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast