Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

I’ve had my hex-com+can lead for almost 15 years and found a work around to keep it going so far using a PCMCIA adapter. I know most answers will be to upgrade the lead but I was wondering whether this lead will be able to successfully communicate with the newer VAG group cars, in particular a 2018 Audi A6?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 VW Touran Sport 2.0 TDI
    Pumpkin Android headunit

1990 Mk2 Golf Driver 1.6, 1999 Passat SE 1.9 TDI, 2006 Passat Sport 2.0 TDI and 2012 Passat Est Sport 2.0 TDI - all gone but not forgotten.

0 0 0

2. Re: Hex-com+can compatibility 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    The info on Ross Tech says the USB+CAN won't "fully support" it: Ross-Tech: HEX-USB+CAN Interface . I expect the COM+CAN just differs in how it connects at the PC end, so my guess would be not. Maybe what still works will be good enough for most tasks though?

1 0 0

3. Re: Hex-com+can compatibility 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    The info on Ross Tech says the USB+CAN won't "fully support" it: Ross-Tech: HEX-USB+CAN Interface . I expect the COM+CAN just differs in how it connects at the PC end, so my guess would be not. Maybe what still works will be good enough for most tasks though?
    Thanks VAG-Abound.

I’ve had limited success with it on my 2015 mk7 golf (mqb platform) but that’s been mostly due to the options and menu lists still being in German and not being able to decipher what I was looking at.

I’ve been asked if I can help with some mods on an Audi A6. I’m comfortable in doing the mods having done many in the past and recoding controllers etc but don’t want to waste both his and my own time if my leads no longer up to the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 VW Touran Sport 2.0 TDI
    Pumpkin Android headunit

1990 Mk2 Golf Driver 1.6, 1999 Passat SE 1.9 TDI, 2006 Passat Sport 2.0 TDI and 2012 Passat Est Sport 2.0 TDI - all gone but not forgotten.

0 0 0

4. Re: Hex-com+can compatibility 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I was told up to 2011 for that lead. Then it becomes hit and miss
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

1 0 0