1. Post 2001 Audi A6 1.8 t keyfob not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi im new to forums but i recently bought my 2nd A6 but this one has a annoying problem of the 2 keyfobs wont remotely work the drivers door unlocks with the key but i have to use the internal lock/unlock button from the door card i ve tried holding the fob button for a few seconds whilst the ignition is in on position but nothing has anyone any ideas if its a easy fix or do i need the keys reprogramming by Audi or not thanks any help apprieciated

0 0 0

2. Re: 2001 Audi A6 1.8 t keyfob not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    there is a red LED on the key which blinks in certain ways to let you know whats going on, a single blink for acknowledge that car is locked and a mad flash for no comms to car. if it doesn't do anything, first stop is a battery for the key. If the battery is getting low the wipers will give you a wave when you unlock the car.
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 0 0

3. Re: 2001 Audi A6 1.8 t keyfob not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the quick reply however ive put new batteries in both fobs and neither of them seem to have a led light on them anywhere plus on all the youtube vids i ve watched their cars doors all seem to unlock once the key is inserted into the ignition but mine doesnt so was wondering if it was a reprogramming problem or central locking issue

0 0 0

4. Re: 2001 Audi A6 1.8 t keyfob not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Mods please move this to the C5 forum; this has been inadvertently posted in the C6 forum. Or post again yourself in the C5 forum.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. A4 keyfob stopped working - HELP
    By A4B6Cab in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2018, 07:37 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-09-2017, 08:01 PM
  3. Spare remote keyfob not working and Dealers
    By Ianboom in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-08-2009, 02:13 PM