Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clydefrog85 View Post
    Another thing - it's got 21 inch alloys and air suspension...is the ride quality likely to be crashy?
    That’s what I have and no it is not. The air suspension gives you the option to change the setup between more firm aggressive response (as well as lower) in Dynamic versus say Comfort, Allroad etc. It is really smooth in Comfort. Not quite Range Rover but you get the idea. The noise I get from the wheels is tyre dependent - I just belatedly switched over my winter to summer tyres (Pirelli Scorpion Verde AO’s) and they’re much quieter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

2. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    The guys have said everything and I +1 all of it

Air Suspension is a must

Android Auto / Car Play can be activated by a dealer for around £250 - If they say your car isnt compatible, come to me. I can do it.

Just check the car has had the Coolant Valve fix. (see other thread I just replied too)

Bose - Yes
    ACC- Yes (if you do motorway miles)

SE vs Sline - Different Front Bumper (less agressive) / Side "Quattro" plates slightly different style - narrower / Rear Indicators dont "sweep" / Privacy Glass is an option - its standard on S-Line
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

3. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for the comment Andy. Your reputation precedes you, I saw your services mentioned in several threads and have "liked" your facebook page to reach out in case the Q7 needs any work. I'm viewing the car tomorrow morning in Brighton, so not far from where you're based I think.

Saw your post about the coolant leak - do you know if there's some sort of a guide that could be followed that shows how to find the exact location of the leak? Will do my best tomorrow to try and locate the potential culprit but my mechanical knowledge is limited, to say the least!

0 0 0

4. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clydefrog85 View Post
    Thanks for the comment Andy. Your reputation precedes you, I saw your services mentioned in several threads and have "liked" your facebook page to reach out in case the Q7 needs any work. I'm viewing the car tomorrow morning in Brighton, so not far from where you're based I think.

Saw your post about the coolant leak - do you know if there's some sort of a guide that could be followed that shows how to find the exact location of the leak? Will do my best tomorrow to try and locate the potential culprit but my mechanical knowledge is limited, to say the least!
    Re coolant leak... If you’re buying it from a main dealer they will have access to all the history and can check if it has been replaced... as long as you explicitly ask, and get an answer, then you’ll know either way. If its not fixed and is leaking now they will surely fix it under their approved used warranty anyway. Difficult to insist on it being “fixed” if not broke though. PS one of the reasons I’m glad I took the extended warranty out, IMHO worth it on a car with so many gadgets. You can do that afterwards via Audi centrally.

| Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Having purchased a 2016 Q7 in January and spending a lot of time trying to find one with the right options, I'm happy give my 2 pence worth.

Adaptive air suspension is a must
    Bose or B&O I wish I got, stock speakers do the job, but if you like your music you will be disappointed
    Panoramic roof is nice for letting light in, but it does reduce head room a little if you are tall. Not really an issue in a Q7 though.
    S-Line gives you more toys standard, with a little haggling there wasn't much in it between SE and S-Line in terms of cost.

Any other option I wouldn't worry about, the above are not easy or not possible retrofits, so try getting them on the car. The rest, just contact andyhud007

0 0 0

6. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Silly Question:

Does anyone only from top of the head if warranty repairs include the labor charges or do Audi charge by the the day £150 + vat labour even if the repair is under warranty?

Should be FOC but not sure...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satyp View Post
    Silly Question:

Does anyone only from top of the head if warranty repairs include the labor charges or do Audi charge by the the day £150 + vat labour even if the repair is under warranty?

Should be FOC but not sure...

Parts and labour all under warranty in my experience. When I’ve used their own branded extended warranty, I had to pay the excess (but the level of that is an option when you take the warranty insurance out).

1 1 0

8. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    Parts and labour all under warranty in my experience. When I’ve used their own branded extended warranty, I had to pay the excess (but the level of that is an option when you take the warranty insurance out).

Awesome Thanks just the confirmation I was looking for as an email to extend my expiring warranty at a discount and wasn't sure if I should go the 3rd party route like e.g warrantywise or warrantyrepair ot something..

Will edge on Audi if price friendly..

0 0 0

9. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Awesome Thanks just the confirmation I was looking for as an email to extend my expiring warranty at a discount and wasn't sure if I should go the 3rd party route like e.g warrantywise or warrantyrepair ot something..

I Got 2 offers this month, one from Marshall offering me the option to renew my warranty for £350 and one from Audi offering me option for £450. The deciding factor for me was I took out cosmetic insurance and alloy wheel insurance with Marshall (I know... fool...) and the only time I need the policy they told me it was suspended as the insurer was under investigation of Fraud and no claims could be made (this went on for 2 years out of a 3 year policy)... Fool me once...

1 1 0

10. Re: Planning to buy a 2016 Q7 - questions for owners 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Stick with Audi one (whatever the full cover one is) - for me it’s been no hassle on previous cars when required

I remember on my A4 fair few years ago one of the Xenon lights control unit (or something had failed) so could be replaced under warranty - the other one couldn’t as wasn’t showing as failed....but dealers saw to that and both covered

1 2 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12