1. A6 Taxi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, bought a 2015 Audi A6 2.0 TDI Ultra S tronic which I will be using as a private hire vehicle.

She had done 112k miles, 1 owner with full audi history. First thing I noticed was that there is no record of the cambelt ever being done, the garage I was buying it from tried telling me that Audi recommends changing it at 140k miles however I was quick to point out that it also said 5 years, so I managed to get some money knocked off to go towards getting the belt done myself. I am personally thinking, especially for a taxi that 100k miles is enough for that and the waterpump.

I was going to use TPS as I have had 2 previous Volkswagen Passat’s and always used genuine parts however due to covid 19 they will only deliver to account customers only, so I ended up buying a Gates cambelt kit and waterpump, 5 litres of 5w30 oil and a bosch air filter (just for now), at this point I had done 1000 miles so it was at 113k, I thought I will give it a service with TPS oil and all genuine filters at 120k anyway.
    The parts all cost me £160 in total, and I gave my mechanic £200 for labour, and asked him to have a feel and look for any other loose tensioners or pulleys, as he didn’t find any (according to him fingers crossed) I am planning to get them all changed anyway at 200k miles with the next cambelt kit.

What I really don’t know about, is this S tronic gearbox as i have never owned an automatic before. I have heard they are quite good and reliable, I think Audi recommends doing the filter and oil at 38k miles and charges £225 which doesn’t seem too bad.
    I was thinking about doing it every 30k miles due to the way we use these cars in my line of work, will it make any difference?
    Also I heard there was 2 filters but the other one you need to open up the gearbox to get too.

Anyway, so far so good fingers crossed, the customers absolutely love it especially on the Tesco runs 😂 and hopefully once this pandemic starts to calm down I can start getting back onto my airport runs.. I think it’s a great looking car!

Thanks guys and any help or advice with this car is really appreciated!

Zee

0 1 0

2. Re: A6 Taxi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    S tronic every 38k. Don't think you need to do it more often. There is also a gear oil system which needs a separate oil (think it has differential and front axle drive) according to Audi it's a lifetime item but might be worth changing too.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Taxi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    With S-tronic gearbox service at 25-30k. If these gearboxes go wrong it can cost a fortune,Im talking from experience. Now Personally i service my gearbox every 20k.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Taxi 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Seems odd, as the original design standard for the gearbox from the company that made it for VAG was 100k km for the service interval. VAG brought it down to line up with the Multitronic to avoid confusion between what type of gearbox a car had - if it's auto, it's every 38k miles.
    Having spoken directly to senior engineers at Audi they are fine providing the change interval is 40k miles, assuming the car is driving under normal conditions. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in with more information.....

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Taxi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    S-tronic isn't an auto with a torque converter, it's 2 manual gearboxes, and 2 wet clutches ECU controlled to make it drive similar to an auto. The wet clutches wear and contaminate the fluid, which is why it, and the filter needs changing.

0 0 0