1. S Line Rear Spring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Where is the best place to source a rear spring for an A6 Avant 2.0 TDI S Line? The only ones I can find are for either standard or sport suspension and state not for S Line Models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 A6 TDI 170 S Line Avant
    Sold 2007 A3 TDI 170 S Line
    Sold - 2002 S3

0 0 0

2. Re: S Line Rear Spring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    ONLY buy genuine Audi springs or if you can ascertain the exact part number and you can cross reference this to a specific Suplex part number, then fit a PAIR of Suplex if you can get your hands on them.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: S Line Rear Spring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, could you explain why Audi springs are preferable, please?
    I need 2 rear springs very soon.

0 0 0

4. Re: S Line Rear Spring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Unlike cars of many years ago, stating around 1996 ish, VAG started to expand the range of springs fitted to their cars to fine tune the suspension for various markets, versions and tastes. For the 1983 Audi 100 (predecessor to the A6) there were five rear springs used right across all models and engines including the estate and taxi spec, for the 2021 A6 I got confused and lost count at 118 variations. Obviously this drives the aftermarket mad trying to produce and stock all variations so they bundle them into groups so you could have one genuine spring spec sitting in the middle of an aftermarket group with five or six others each side +&- which will “work” and in most cases, not raise a complaint. The only aftermarket spring manufacturer I trust is Suplex but in the UK their springs can be difficult to obtain as Suplex UK shut down a few months ago and passed the baton to a factor, I think, in Leeds and you can’t easily get them now. We did a Golf 5 GTI clutch yesterday/today and he had bought some springs and dampers to fit himself but decided it was a nasty job so he added it to the job list (his actual problem turned out to be one of the most badly worn lower ball joints I have seen in 40 years) and his London ECP had sold him a pair of springs by Sachs and they were hopelessly wrong, ECP had taken a Sachs spring and thrown it at the application, Sachs do not list one at all! I could not get Suplex in time so said to my customer that we either fit genuine or nothing... I will not compromise accuracy and quality standards, this obsessive attitude does not completely remove problems from my work but at least I know I tried my hardest. One of my factors sees my number come up and answers “**** Steve”, Gareth may have a point but I care.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: S Line Rear Spring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I paid £360 for a pair of genuine fitted by Audi but it was about 4 years ago.

Give your local a call then phone a couple of others Audi dealers near by to compare.
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

0 0 0