1. Braking issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am new on this forum so I apologise for any errors.
    I have a vw new beetle. X reg year 2000.

The issue I am having is that I have an issue with the brakes. The brake pads have been replaced and discs are all good and the system has been bleed twice.

When I am driving and I fully press the brake pedal the car dosnt stop instantly.its almost like the pads are not pushing down hard enough on the brake discs.

There are no noises coming from the braking system and no warning lights either, plus no error codes from the odb read out.

The brake pedal does not feel spongy or soft and once pressed down the pedal dosnt sink.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Braking issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    New pads do need use to bed in, but you could also have a problem with the brake servo.

There is a rubber vacuum pipe attached to the brake servo, check you have a good vacuum from it when pulled off the servo with the engine running.

0 0 0

3. Re: Braking issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Do you know if any air was allowed into the ABS pump or master cylinder either during work or letting the reservoir run dry whilst bleeding? Was the bleeding done just the old pedal press method, pressure assisted or pressure assisted and using a diagnostic computer to to purge the system?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Braking in wet issue
    By SpeedJunky in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM
  2. Odd brake issue after hard braking
    By dysonco in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 28-12-2011, 12:38 PM