Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion.

1. Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off hello to you all I’ve just joined the forum we have 3 vag cars in this household golf, passat and ibiza.

my daughters golf is causing us a nightmare. 2011 2.0 diesel 140hp

it started with a turbo failure, clouds of smoke and oil everywhere. A mechanic friend fitted a reconditioned turbo and all seemed good.

As it was first driven we got the flashing glow plug light but no eml light. Car pulled strong etc. Only a bit of smoke at very high revs.

codes read p2563 and p0087

swapped sensors (boost control near turbo and pressure sensor underneath) has fresh fuel filter and quality diesel.

we’ve tested vacuum from turbo (manually by sucking). The intercooler was drained of oil but a suspect some still in DPF.

I’ve read forums but nobody seems to have the same issues, i.e. no eml light on.

codes were read with generic but quality reader (snap-on)

any advice really welcome. TIA

0 0 0

2. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    So you're seeing those codes, but no sign of actual trouble in the car's performance?

0 0 0

3. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    So you're seeing those codes, but no sign of actual trouble in the car's performance?

bit of an update. My daughter has been out and about having got her car back. Most of the time works absolutely fine. Occasionally the car becomes ‘flat’ not in limp mode, it doesn’t boost. She cannot put her finger on exact circumstances (speed, revs etc) that it loses/regains boost. I think I’ll swap cars for a couple of days to see what I can work out.

0 0 0

4. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    What was the source of the recon turbo? Could it still be a bit sticky? When it goes flat does it recover ifself without needing ignition off / on? And what engine code?

0 0 0

5. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Source is a trusted one. He supplies recon turbos for vag regularly. The boss of our local taxi firm don’t use anyone else and yes it seems to recover during driving without switching off. Still the same two codes as above. Cheers

0 0 0

6. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Could going uphill be the cause she's missing? P0087 has been linked with that before when fuel pump is failing.

0 0 0

7. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I’m going to drive it for a couple of days from tomorrow. Hope my diagnosis is better than hers. I hope it’s not the fuel pump I’ve seen the prices!

0 0 0

8. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I would suspect the turbo actuator has not been set up correctly but with most types this can be done on the car. The other is a classic high pressure fuel pump system problem, has the fuel system been opened recently such as for a new filter?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you crashed. Yes fuel filter has been replaced it was in poor nick. I’ll have a look at how to set up actuator. The DPF light is now in and we’ve lost boost pretty much I need to ask my mate with his diagnostic reader to force a regen.

must buy something to do that myself. Thanks everyone for your help it’s greatly appreciated. I’ve put the matches and petrol away. I’m determined to fix it.

0 0 0

10. Re: Newbie. Apologies if this has been asked before. OBD code confusion. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    If the soot loading is over a certain percentage, circa 40%, then the ECU will not let you do a forced regen. Using certain techniques it is possible to cheat this but comes with the caveat “warning, vehicle may burn down...”
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0