1. 2008 q7 air suspension lowers after 2 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Recently bought this 2008 sline Q7 with 120,000 miles just before lock down and due to lock down I have discovered in dynamic mode after 3-4 days not in use the car lowers right down (possibly would never had noticed as would have been using it daily), thought it was just the back as it was going down after 2 days but on the 3rd and 4th day the front went down as well, annoyingly overnight its ok so never noticed when I bought the car and no alarms on the dash except after the 2 days the green light comes on for about 20 seconds it raises up and its fine and doesn’t come on when driving? Some questions please.

1. Surely it can’t be all the airbags going at the same time, pump works well up and down and car seams to stay up if jack function is on. however the pump is a bit noisy
    2. What is common to them all going down slowly other than all the air bags leaking?
    3. If one airbag is leaking say in the back will the corresponding side go down as well?
    4. How can I test one airbag at a time to find out if there is a leak in each one, it could possibly be one at the front and one at the back is leaking and this is causing the whole car to drop.
    5. Could it be the level sensors? or the pressure valves any ideas?? again they all cat have gone at the same time.
    6. There is a possibility that its just not been looked after. any advise please.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2008 q7 air suspension lowers after 2 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem with my 08 q7. It was sending me crazy trying anything I could rather than replace the pump. It took a few months but eventually the pump blew a hole in its side and I had to get home with no suspension at all.
    I found a really cheap German made pump that I’ve just put on and it’s perfect. It was easy to do, pretty much 3 bolts, a couple of electrical cable connectors and a bit of fiddling about and I was back up and running. They even sent me the replacement relay with it.
    If you need any more info pm me and I’ll send you a link to what I ordered and any info helping you replace it if needed.

J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: 2008 q7 air suspension lowers after 2 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, however have just done the... washing up liquid test and the 2 back air struts and 1 of the front struts are leaking from the top all very slowlly but as mentioned if left in dynamic mode it goes down after a couple of days of sitting this will possibly be putting strain on my pump so will get the back ones done first as they are the worst, anyone bought the cheaper Chinese type on ebay with a 2 year warranty? are they any good, might go for the german made ones also with a 2 year warranty but they are course twice the price... see attached pics of my leaking air struts. though it might have been the connectors but if you look carefully they are leaking from the top grrrrrr....

drivers rear.jpgpassenger rear.jpgpassenger front.jpg

0 0 0

4. Re: 2008 q7 air suspension lowers after 2 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Damn! One is bad enough but three just says it’s down to them being made to last long enough which is the Audi way unfortunately.

My car is at the point where I’m now replacing things one after the other. Gearbox, suspension compressor, water damage on the Bose amp, air con has a leak and lost its gas (you need hot air blowing at you in a heatwave), I’ve got a vacuum leak somewhere I need to find as well.

The cost of the gear box was the real **** take though!

If you ever need the compressor changing I got a new one and the relay etc for under £300 which is not bad at all. The company is called Aerosus. You’ll find them on the net if you give them a search. I ordered it and it was delivered about 2 days later I think so they are UK based and you don’t have to wait for the post from China.

Good luck with getting yours back to how it should be mate.

J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: 2008 q7 air suspension lowers after 2 days 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Gearbox.. nightmare. thanks about the compressor have found the company if i need it, hopefully not, good luck too.
    D

0 0 0