Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    hello all, new here!
    In need of some wisdom.. iv got a 54 plate mk5 golf here with a 1.6fsi engine (BLP code) and dsg gearbox (HFR code) im having some gearbox issues as follows.... when cold it seems fine but as the gearbox warms up it starts to "jolt" or "jerk" between gears and from park to drive. I understand that I could have some gearbox mechanical issues but thought I'd try a gearbox adaptation first.. now, I have vcds so am able to carry this out myself, however, when I try and follow the procedure I found on the rosstech site im having issues from the get go.. for a start when I check group 19 in measuring blocks to check fluid temp as the procedure says im unable to as group 19 doesn't seem to be in use? Also when going to start the procedure by "adapting" group 61 or 60 etc as it states it again says that those groups are unavailable, cant remember the exact words it says but you'll know what I mean if you have used vcds, I hope.. it appears the only "group" is 001? I noticed that the coding number ended in 08 should that be 72 as its a golf? Please help! Iv tried searching various forums but im going round in circles! Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: vcds gearbox adaptation problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I don’t think VCDS will do anything other than kickdown on the 09G box, these Asian units are a lot of trouble

6-Speed Automatic Transmission (09G) - Ross-Tech Wiki

I would do a fluid and strainer change to see if that helps, I will have a look at Elsa tomorrow and see if there are adaptation suggestions but I think these will only be available in ODIS under Guided Fault Finding.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: vcds gearbox adaptation problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply mate, now you have shown that up it makes more sense, thats a different procedure than what I kept being sent too! Iv basically done what that said but doesn't appear to be any different afterwards.. couple questions.. how likely is it that a fluid change will help, reason being its not a cheap try for a car thats not worth a great deal if its a very slim chance it'll help.? If its known to help fairly often then ill give it a bash.. if i don't go that route or if that doesn't help then I could look at sourcing a new box, the current one has the code HFR, will I need a HFR box or do other codes fit? Thanks again

0 0 0

4. Re: vcds gearbox adaptation problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I cannot see a box code which will definitely replace the HFR but the GJX, HTM, JUG and KGH are possibilities IF your engine code is BLF and not BLP. In most cases a fluid and filter change is what people try but it rarely works with these boxes, they are known to be trouble.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: vcds gearbox adaptation problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    its blp unfortunately.. in the mean time i think ill see if there is anyone breaking a golf near me with the same gearbox code, slim chance but you never know.. another question for you while iv got you, (see you putting out fires all over the place!) I have another mk5, a 2008 tdi, engine code BXE, recently picked it up and all has been well, when i got it it had a flat battery so when I scanned with vcds there was fault codes on everything I cleared them and all was good. Fast forward and I went to move it tonight and it wouldn't start, it just cranked over. I kept trying and eventually it did start with some full throttle but quickly spluttered and died, now again it won't start.. iv scanned with vcds and get multiple codes which I clear, they then come back when I try to start it again.
    The codes are..
    013112 - control circuit for glowplug controller 1 - electrical malfunction.
    005441 - fuel pump relay (j17) - open circuit.
    012295 - camshaft position sensor (g40) - no signal.
    012292 - relay for low output preheating of coolant (j359) - open or short to ground.
    012294 - relay for high output preheating of coolant (j360) - open or short to ground.
    I cant hear the fuel pump in the tank but given I get multiple codes all at the same time eachtime I'm guessing its unlikely to be the pump... any known issues that throw up those multiple codes ?! Thanks again buddy!

0 0 0