Notices

User Tag List

Thread: BKP engine, Injector and injector wiring harness.

1. BKP engine, Injector and injector wiring harness. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Greetings again Experts!

As you may have gathered from other posts I am 'doing it myself' as far as is possible -- not a professional but not a complete amateur -- the reason is that I, and I find more and more of my VW friends here, have had bad experience with the local main dealer here in southern Portugal in terms of quoting for things that actually do not need to be done and for ridiculous quotations for things that do need doing , with no guarantee that it is the full extent of the problem.- and always, yes always " Oh while we were doing it we found that ...... " .
    And as yet I have not found a 'local' private VW expert .

So currently --
    Injectors . Siemens PPD Piezoelectric . I am told one is duff. Perhaps but I wish to check it first.
    I have the injector wiring harness off and (a) none of the terminals in any of the injectors are earthing to the injector body or the engine.
    (b) all the injectors have near identical resistance between the two terminals of 1996 to 1998 Ohms.
    I cannot at the moment start the engine to see if it will run on 3 injectors, by elimination.
    What other checks can I do to 'test' the injectors?

Injector Wiring Harness.
    I wish to remove this and do a complete check. ( and possibly replace)
    I have the car wiring unplugged from the exterior socket, ( twist and ease it outwards.)
    I have the complete injector internal wiring harness detached except -----
    on this model the spade terminal plug comes out INWARDS from plastic 'sleeve' that is pressed from outside to inside of the alloy head BUT this is incredibly tight and I am concerned not to break it by excessive force. So far I haven't been able to remove it with or without the spring wire clip in place.
    Can anyone advise me how this comes out? Is it just pressed in ? Is it twist and pull? Or what?

I will try to attach a couple of pics to show what I mean.

Thanks and Regards
    Ted

BKP engine injector loom 7.jpgBKP engine injector loom 5.jpgBKP engine injector loom 8.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: BKP engine, Injector and injector wiring harness. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Hi Ted,

This is the process for removing the 3 piece harness collar (it is 3 piece, not 2!)

Easy to fit if you know how the main connector goes together as it is in 3 parts (special tool needed but piece of thin rope equally effective).

With cam cover removed release the (red) plastic lock pin carefully from the connector and unscrew the outer collar. This will disconnect the outside loom from the injector loom - it's a multi pin connector.

This leaves the 2 part inner collar which needs it's outer part unscrewed around a quarter turn to release it. This is where the special tool / rope comes in. The tool (a socket with 3 pegs) goes over the collar locating into 3 slots. Just unscrew once located. If no tool make a loop with the rope and place over the collar. Whilst maintaining tension pull the rope end that will cause the loop to rotate anticlockwise whilst ever so slightly relaxing the full tension on the other end. The collar should unscrew. This leaves the loom connection in the bearing frame. Remove the retaining U clip on the inside of the frame and the loom can be withdrawn after disconnecting the individual injector and glow plug connectors and unscrewing the holding bolts.

Screenshot_20200523_132447.jpg

Part 47 is the intermediate locking ring between loom connector and harness blade connectors.

PM me your email address and I'll send you some helpful material regarding these engines.
    Last edited by DMitch16; 23-05-2020 at 01:31 PM.

0 0 0

3. Re: BKP engine, Injector and injector wiring harness. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Dmitch,
    Very many thanks.

I have the exterior plug off, that with the red plastic lock pin.

I will try the remainder as you suggest.
    Just to clarify, the "outer part of the inner collar" which you refer to is the piece on the Outside of the engine casing ???

I will look to see how I Private message you --- and send you my direct contact details because I certainly welcome any experienced advice on this car.
    I have had VW and Audi for more that 40 years, am an ex RR Aero engineer so have a little engineering nouse but I have to admit that this particular car has frustrated the hell out of me!

I've got the gear driven balance shaft unit and have fitted the re-machined second shaft with the 100 mm full hex oil pump drive, have a new turbo , have a clear and functional EGR valve unit, the intake flap unit is clean and seemingly functional --- and I am struggling to sort out this ( in my view) ridiculously over complicated injection system.
    At present the car is not assembled and running to do any sort of OBD diagnostic on it - I am trying to do the straightforwards obvious things before putting it all back together.

The original problem was heavy white smoke at start up and when pushing the accelerator and the engine just not revving either at idle or when moving -- stuck in limp mode.
    --- The smoke I seriously suspected the turbo as the inlet tract TO the turbo was clean but AFTER the turbo was extremely oily , into the inter-cooler .
    --- For the limp mode, I did take it to our main VW agent , running sweetly enough at idle on all 4 cylinders. and they returned it to me not running at all, even on three cylinders --- For the reasons in my first post I took it away from them and have a 'discussion' as to what they have done that it now doesn't start; ie is not even as it was.

It is a sad state of affairs here that I and many others do not trust the main dealership here.

Thanks again for your help. I'll now look how to PM you.
    Kind regards
    Ted

0 0 0

4. Re: BKP engine, Injector and injector wiring harness. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quite easy to Private Message Ted.

Click on your profile name and the first option on the left should be 'Send private message'. Select this and thereafter enter my user name and treat the rest like a text or email and I'll be messaged directly through the sites private channel.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

5. Re: BKP engine, Injector and injector wiring harness. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi DMitch ,
    For some reason I missed the diagram in your post above -- now got it --- very helpful, just what I needed.
    Many thanks.
    Ted

0 0 0