1. Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello people, new to this forum so please go easy on me.
    I have a 2008 mk5 golf 2.0 gt tdi 140.
    It has the now infamous idle wobble/judder and the occasional surging in the revs at 1500-2000rpm and long crank to start sometimes too.
    codes I’ve had are for the camshaft position sensor, performance. P0341. But NO check engine light!!
    I bought the car around 2 months ago and everything was fine, it has had a new IMF (throttle body) fitted and did have a new camshaft sensor fitted too however I was still getting the code for that so swapped it for a genuine vw sensor.
    the code still comes back every time I drive it.
    Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Possibly timing out ever so slightly is something I’ve read about. Would they run smooth and pull well when driving hard if the time was out?
    Any help would be greatly received
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That isn’t the sensor, it is the valve timing. This won’t bring up the MIL, you can check it dynamically using diagnostic equipment which will show measuring block information so you can see the error between crank and cam known as the “torsion value” and is displayed as °Kw which means “ Grad Kurbelwellen” or degrees of crankshaft angle. The angle should not exceed +/-3 and when doing a new belt in our workshop I INSIST on a reading of as close to 0 as possible, sometimes this can take an hour to perfect when most people would have thought the job finished.

16725 (P0341) - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for your reply mate. I’ve been reading up on a few posts on here and I’m quite glad that you’ve responded to it as you know your stuff. I’ll get it plugged in to vagcom at my friends garage later and see what values I’ve got.

I’ve seen on a few posts of people adjusting there front and back top cams only and making sure the 3 bolts in each one are identical in the little oval holes. Is this something that can be minutely adjust in situ? Or is it belt off and you have to use locking pins?

0 0 0

4. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    No no no, you don’t do it like that... the crank is locked with a plate in the gear and both cam sprockets locked with pins.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Code po 341 keeps popping up have you checked out the cam sensor hall effect sensor 3 terminal sensor 1 5v feed 1earth & 1 return wire all 3 wires are ecu controlled. The camshaft position relative to crankshaft is used to enable accurate control of ign timing and variable valve timing I would be inclined to start by checking timing which I believe is a must after that the cam 3 wires the cam sensor on this vehicle is controlled by the ecu

0 0 0

6. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    No no no, you don’t do it like that... the crank is locked with a plate in the gear and both cam sprockets locked with pins.
    Don’t panic mate haha, I’m not touching it myself it’s well above my level of expertise. I’m taking it to my friends garage tomorrow evening to check the torsion value on his vagcom. If it needs adjusting he has the timing tools required. I will post back tomorrow evening with my torsion value. What should I be looking for on the consumption side? I’ve read somewhere that it should be between 0.4 or 0.6lh is that correct?

0 0 0

7. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeybo View Post
    Code po 341 keeps popping up have you checked out the cam sensor hall effect sensor 3 terminal sensor 1 5v feed 1earth & 1 return wire all 3 wires are ecu controlled. The camshaft position relative to crankshaft is used to enable accurate control of ign timing and variable valve timing I would be inclined to start by checking timing which I believe is a must after that the cam 3 wires the cam sensor on this vehicle is controlled by the ecu
    I’ve checked the power to the plug for camshaft and I’m getting 5v in the pins I need to. So everything’s fine with that.

0 0 0

8. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    im assuming here you have correctly checked out the earthing & return signal wire on cam sensor

0 0 0

9. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeybo View Post
    im assuming here you have correctly checked out the earthing & return signal wire on cam sensor
    Yes that’s correct mate. Everything’s fine

0 0 0

10. Re: Vw golf 2.0 tdi bkd camshaft sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right, a little follow up here. Had the timing checked on vcds the torsion value was 0.0 the fuel consumption was 0.6. It was a different garage that did the timing check. They said they adjust the timing and it does not start perfectly. But it still wobbles on idle and pulsates the revs. He did say that when he adjusted the timing he got the torsion value back to 0.0 (didn’t tell me what it was at before he adjusted it tho) and that when he reved the car the torsion value didn’t move is that normal?

0 0 0